Multiple Locast accounts

Yes that would nice for multiple recordings all at once and still be able to watch live.

Over the weekend I setup locast2plex out of curiosity and I haven't had any issues. The stream takes 4-5 seconds to start playing, but it's quite stable. I have it running in a LXD container. I'm using it for Emby. No skipping at all.

i've gotten a little further with this...the skipping issues are caused by timestamp issues when remuxing the locast HLS stream to mpegts (which is what the HDHR spits out). i've been working with the dev of fhdhr to try to fix it, there's an open issue...

the skips are sometimes very subtle, you might not notice them if you stepped away to get a snack or use the bathroom or something, or in general if you're not glued to the screen looking for it like i have been in trying to fix it.

Anyway of incorporating the new beta with m3u with multiple locast accounts @tmm1

Add me to the list of people who would like multiple Locast accounts being available. Recently I was in the DC area and using their app I was able to easily view both Baltimore & DC local markets because geographically I was close enough to both for it to detect my location as being in both markets. I can see where as Locast expands this will be a needed feature in Channels as well.

Add me too. I'm frequently on the line between Sioux City and Sioux Falls. I can use both on Locast's site.

1 Like

hello guys, any updates here? this will be great, if you use the DVR using chrome, locast will work with the location of your browser.
then, you can change the location of your browser and then have a differnet lineups ofr each locast account that you can add

locast2dvr works as a m3u tuner with multiple cities. Never had the need to go over 4 concurrent streams so I don't know if it will help with that limit.

2 Likes

thank you! i am going to make a test

You could also use locast2dvr m3u tuner as one locast source and add another locast source through channels natively. That is the way I do it.

1 Like

Trying to get this up and running in Emby. What do I need to put in the file or url area? Is it this.. http://IP:PORT/lineup.m3u

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Your post is vague, as this thread is about trying to get 2 separate Locast accounts supported in Channels.

Trying to get locast2dvr set up on Emby. When I put in the m3u tuner info into Emby it doesn't work

Or how do you set this up in Channels? How do you set the location of what Locast market in Channels using m3u?

Perhaps you should direct this to the developer of locast2dvr, since this is neither a Locast nor an Emby forum.

And if you checked the locast2dvr repo, you'd see that the project had been deprecated and superseded:

Since I've rewritten this project in rust as locast2tuner, this project should be considered deprecated.

How did you set this up? Looking to do the same

Channels has its own native support for Locast, so a proxy for getting Locast into Channels is unnecessary. Unless you're trying to do something different?

User Marino13 looks like he's set this up somehow in Channels. Sorry about the Emby setup question

stream format - HLS

url - http://x.x.x.x:6077/lineup.m3u

guide data - http://x.x.x.x:6077/epg.xml

is this in Emby settings or Channels?