Multiple Tuners different locations

I have two tuners, different location. Location A has tuner 1 with DVR and location 2 with tuner 2 (No DVR). On Location 2, I am able to use both tuners since I can remote into the DVR.

Anyway I can configure channels DVR to see my tuner from location 2 via VPN or port forwarding???

You could setup a VPN, but unless you have excellent bandwidth and latency it is not likely to work very well.

Hi,

Just wanted to follow up on this. So I was able to setup site to site VPN between the two locations. The streaming quality is excellent. The only issue is that each location has different channel but same channel number. Ex: 504 on Location A is NBC but 504 on Location B is infomercial channel. My guide only shows up the infomercial channel. In some cases, the guide would display the data from NBC but the channel logo would be from the infomercial channel. If I tune to that channel, it displays the infomercial even though the guide says something else. Anyway to have both the channels come up? How does it decide which one to pick? I have several other channels that behave this way. Any recommendation?

On which app and device?

The priority of the tuners in the apps usually deicides what is used.

You can also hide the infomercial channels on the specific HDHRs

Can you provide more details on your VPN setup to accomplish the combined viewing?

At both locations, I have used Ubiquity Unifi USG. I made sure that the internal IP is different for each location (192.168.100.0/24 and 192.168.200.0/24). This was all configured in the USG. From there I followed simple instructions to create a "Site to Site VPN" (Manual IPSec) at each location and turned it on at each location. The VPN is connected at the router level so once successfully connected I was able to ping all devices to the other location and vice versa. It was much easier using the USG.

https://www.mcbsys.com/blog/2017/11/unifi-site-to-site-ipsec-vpn-with-two-controllers/