Multiple user access?

I think that’s all I’m suggesting. But the idea of giving a child full read / write access including to all settings is not realistic.

Presumably that just makes it impossible for anyone to delete anything?

The setting is per-client.

If you can't trust your child to not mess with the system, then they probably shouldn't have unsupervised access to your systems.

If you are using the Apple TV client, then you can use Kiosk mode to hide the settings. (Kiosk mode is not yet available on Android, but is on the roadmap.)

Yes, permissions would be included in any profile support we would make. But profile support isn’t planned at the moment.

That’s just myopic. Sorry.

All computer systems have fine grained control over read / write access. It’s really not a controversial thing. It’s not really just a question of trust as it is as much about competency. For example, an elderly relative.

And we all know how teenagers might be generally trustworthy but things can get emotional and lead to some out of control behaviour.

Edit: I should add that it’s about being able to give kids access that otherwise will not be given access. There is a kids section to the library after all.

1 Like