Music List

Just noticed this on the Channels website under personal sections. Is this an Easter egg for things to come or am I missing the ability to add music services like in the graphic?

There's nothing secretive about this. This is what you can do with Channels right now.

Here's some clarification on this Personal Section and how each of the rows are driven:

Music Channels: A Channels Collection of music based TV channels (some are Virtual Channels and some are Pluto channels sourced from the community project Pluto for Channels)
Button Row: These are buttons with Deep Link URLs attached that when clicked will open the corresponding apps on your device.
Music Videos: These are videos from a Video Group.

You can learn more about how to use Personal Sections in our docs:

So when creating a Channel Collection titled music, I will then see this as a selectable sidebar under manage navigation?

No, Channel Collections, alone, are not eligible to be placed in the sidebar navigation.

Personal Sections are though. You have the ability to put whatever you want in them. In this Music example, the first row is showing a Channel Collection. That Channel Collection was chosen to be Music, a pre-existing collection that had already been made.

Check out the docs on how Personal Sections work and dive into playing with them in your Channels DVR Server web admin and it'll probably be easier to understand.

I see "Spotofy, Apple Music . . . Etc".... is there some way to intograte spotofy playlist or something.

1 Like

Yes, you can customize these buttons in Personal Sections to launch into anything specific you choose on services that support such deep-linking.

This launches Apple's Music app:
music://

Apple Music also works with regular URLs:
https://music.apple.com/us/curator/the-apple-music-1-list-live/1194191879

Launches Spotify app:
spotify://

Get the Artist, Playlist or Audiobook ID’s from the original URL shared from Spotify, web or app.

Selected Artist:
spotify:?uri=spotify:artist:6bWxFw65IEJzBYjx3SxUXd&play=false

Selected Playlist:
spotify:?uri=spotify:playlist:66CJd3WAr6Avi4VWCYU2Hd&play=false

Selected Audiobook:
spotify:?uri=spotify:show:0fAqLvede6nH6YQ96Iciud&play=false

Change the end to &play=true if you want it to auto-play.

More discussion here and info here.

1 Like