Must restart app to see new recordings

I have TiVo Stream 4Ks. Recordings occur overnight. I turn on TV in morning. The Channels App is not aware of new recordings that happened overnight - they don't appear in "Recent" or "Up Next". I then need to tell the Stream 4k to "force stop" the Channels App, then reopen the app then these recordings that happened overnight appear in "Recent" and "Up Next" and they play fine. Is this normal?

What version number is shown in the app?

It only works if you force stop? Not if you go to the home screen then launch channels again?

When I go to the Android TV home screen and select Channels DVR, it doesn't re-launch the app. It simply goes back to where I was last accessing it.

Yes, but it should still refresh the data.

hi, the problem has not re-occured. Will reply if/when it does.

Hi, this morning the condition re-occured. A show recorded at 7AM. The night before, the channels app was being used to watch other recordings. At the end of the night, the TV was powered off. Next morning, TV is powered up and Channels App still running. I check recent recordings and the 7am recording is not there. I goto Andoid TV interface and select Channels app ( I assume "restarting it?") and it now sees the recording. So I didn't need to force stop the app. Certainly not a bid deal, but I figured the Channels app would always be in touch with the DVR to know when new recordings happened vs having to restart the app.

I've noticed this, or something very similar, with the Fire TV Stick. If the app is in the Recordings view when it is put to sleep, it does not automatically refresh it's list when the app is reactivated. Switching to another view and back again causes it to refresh.

I'm having the same issue with Nvidia Shield. If I don't exit out of channels, i will not see any recording done within the last few hours. Is there a refresh button option or something I missed? I'm fairly new to channels so still working through the application
Version 2021.02.04.1931

Are you all referring specifically to the Recordings tab with the circle icon in the sidebar? Or the whole app in general?

The recordings in question do not appear in any menu option on the shield. I can see the recordings fine when viewing on my chromebook, seems to be a refresh issue on shield/android app

I got a Sony Android TV a few months ago and I'm running Channels and love it. I also run Channels on Tivo 4K Streams on 3 other TVs. On the Sony Android TV, if I'm watching something using Channels at, say 9:15PM, and I want to then watch a recording that started at 9PM (15 mins earlier), if I go look at "library", most often the recording that started at 9PM doesn't appear in the list of available recordings unless I exit channels and come back to it. Not a big deal, but a minor inconvenience.

I've only noticed it in the recordings tab, but I'll try leaving the app in the library tab overnight to see if it occurs there as well.

Using the Fire TV remote, I turned the TV off, leaving the Channels app on the Library Recently Recorded tab. When I turned the TV back on next day (the stick has it's own power supply, so it remained powered on), the view of the recent recordings was unchanged. I navigated to another tab and back to the recent recordings, and two recordings that were made earlier that day appeared.

Can you submit diagnostics from the app

Done. The events you are looking for would be from afternoon of 2/15/21 to 2/16/21.

I have 2 FireSticks as well as a ShieldTV that have this issue. For me, none of the android platforms show new recordings. I have to go into a different view within the channels app like the guide, then go back to TV shows and it will update. I use AppleTV now on my main TV which doesnt have the issue. When I was using the Shield on that TV, I actually programed a sequence on my harmony remote to toggle the view to update the shows.