My.channelsdvr.net - connection refused on LAN

Hi there
Just got a new ChannelsDVR server up and running on my Synology NAS.
Remote access is working fine - I can connect to the server on my phone when using cellular data at my.channelsdvr.net.
However, on my LAN, I get an ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED message when attempting to browse to my.channelsdvr.net. Additionally, my AndroidTV cannot discover the ChannelsDVR server automatically.
Is there something additional I need to configure on my router?

Can you load the IP directly like http://192.168.x.x:8089

Yes, I can

And the Android TV can also connect manually via the IP?

Usually my.ChannelsDVR.net not working at home means your router doesn't support hairpin NAT.

OK. I think I figured it out.
I manually configured Port Forwarding on my router (UniFi Dream Machine Pro) and now I can resolve it internally from my PC and other devices. I guess the 'automatic' option uses UPnP?

Strangely not on my GoogleTV though. Maybe I have to flush the DNS cache on that somehow.

Yes, the Automatic option is UPnP, which is disabled by default on the UDMP. However, its NAT automatically does hairpinning, so your issue in resolving my.channelsdvr.net to your local IP might be a DNS issue. (I recommend keeping UPnP disabled, and just use the manual forwards.)

As for flushing the cache, you used to be able to do that directly from the UI gateway's commandline with clear dns forwarding cache, but the move to their containerized UnifiOS on the UDM/UDMP has completely changed how their gateways now work; I'm not sure what commands you would use from within unifi-os shell to directly manage the device like you could with the USG.

UPnP was already enabled on my UDMP when I installed Channels. I'm not sure why the hairpinning wasn't working with that, but it started working right away when I enabled Port Forwarding.

Sorry, I meant flushing the DNS cache on my GoogleTV (the only device in my home that won't discover the Channels DVR). I'm sure I will figure it out.