My feedback after a couple months usage

Let me just say that while I'm not completely happy with the product, I am MUCH happier with it than the SD HDHR app. That being said, here is what would enable me to say I'm "happy".

1. Your DVR is lacking in terms of navigation. A navigable grid inside of each series with following information would be helpful. Episode name, original air date, season and episode number, and a synopsis of the episode (from the guide data). Because having to click on each episode to see what it's about is just unnecessary.

2. The ability to modify the skin. While purple is certainly better than SD green, I'd change them both if I could.

3. Have a "boot to" option. I'd prefer to have the app start up in last state, or maybe go straight to a specific channel I select.

4.A half screen grid guide that allows me to see what else is on without having to back out of the current channel.

1. Performance data. What's the use of having a nerd level app like this without the ability to gauge performance? No, I'm not going to install this on a Ryzen 9 with a 2080 video card. But it sure would be nice to have a way to figure out how bad off I am not having it on a rig like that.

2. Personalized guides. It would be awesome if I could start this up like Netflix, tell it who I am, and have all the stuff I want to see in front of me. Maybe my own boot to channel, etc.

I have more, but I'm pressed for time. I'll watch my inbox for any questions/comments.

Thank You for creating what SD failed miserably to do.

What platform/device are you using?

I'm using both Ematic and AirTV boxes for clients, and the server is running in a Docker on Unraid. The Unraid hardware is a Xeon 1275L with 32gb of memory and onboard video. I've also tested it with Win 10 on a 9900K with a 2060 and 64gb mem. I didn't see much difference.

There already is a "guide" a quick guide top bar that u can scroll through each channel to see what show is airing. I find this simple and straight forward. Much alike to modern streaming apps.

Are u saying u want something more like what Emby does, with a multi cell grid like UI?

Channels is not and never was intended to be a "nerd level app". It is designed to be very simple and easy to use. The devs have stated on here they have no intentions of opening up or adding more advanced settings for us nerds to tweaks, even in the server control panel interface.

I do would like to see a "stats for nerds" overlay i can enable to see live channel stream stats, like Emby has (there is already a feature request thread on that)

Very much want a black skin too.

User profiles...yes, also a desire amoung many,

If you search these fourms, u will find existing feature requests for all these things.
You can go to each one and upvote them.