My questions

hope this isn't too long or boring. I Have channels working on my nvidia shield pro, for months. I mostly use locast. I am able to record, watch, works fine. I Want to expand, adding Pluto. reading alot... so, I have a bit of Pluto on channels, on a different PC. all on one network. the options I see on my win pc (add source) I don't get on my nvidia. I don't want to mess up channels on my nvidia, but, testing on the winpc. guess I'm just Confused... are there TWO programs? channels DVR, and channels server? is it possible, to run Pluto, on channels, on the nividia? or, is that only possible on the win pc?... other questions, I read, docker Must be installed to Record from Pluto... I have, windows 10 home, 32 bit I think, will docker work on it? thanks, please be kind, I'm trying...

Yes, there is a Server AND client. Server does the recordings and client is the playback device. You have to add Pluto in the server settings through a browser using the server ip and port address.

No you don't have to use docker for Pluto but it makes it more stable.

so, on my nividia shield, I record And watch, in what seems like ONE program... on my PC, I DO get the screen, under settings, Choose a source, HDHomeRun/TV Everywhere/Locast/M3U Playlist... but, on my shield, I Only get... Locast, and one other, Homerun I think.... so, CAN I add, Pluto, in channels, on my nvidia shield? I admit, I'm a bit confused... sorry

They should all show up in the App on the Shield.

Once you add Pluto to the DVR server it will appear on all clients, including the shield.

I've not yet found a Reason to share across my network... both are ethernet, not wifi... I guess I can look at this, but, honestly, I've been using/recording/watching Channels, on my nvidia shield, and didn't even Have channels on my pc.. I don't think this should be this difficult, Got to be something simple/important that I am Missing... thanks for any and all suggestions

I have an Nvidia Shield as DVR & Client.
I use the following 3 Sources: HD Homerun - TV Everywhere - Pluto TV
When you click on Add Source in your browser at
your-dvr-ipaddress:8089/admin/settings
you should see the option to add one (or all) 4 sources.
It's the M3U Playlist option you will use for Pluto TV.

Search the forum for Pluto TV for instructions on how to

thank you, I'm tired/its late, I will try this Tomorrow! wait, I just Read this again, Yes, IN MY BROWSER, I get those options... thats on my PC... how do I get THAT, over to my Nvidia? I think I'm Close....

Bingo Wango! "your-dvr-ipaddress:"

you sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! same if you are a nice lady...

so, forgive me... I have Forgotten way more than I remember in computers... I used to 'network' by hand, befor they put all those cute little pics up....

ok, tomorrow... I tackle... the Next thing!

thank you Channels developers, its kinda hard on an old man's head.. but, prolly good to be Forced to think... hahaha

1 Like

Now I'm confused. Are you saying I can just add it as a source like I do with Fubo?

Correct, as a M3U Playlist:

The best way to do this is via the Docker solution provided by Maddox. This is explained in detail in some other threads here on the forum.

1 Like

Thanks so much. How do I tell what other sources are compatible? Also, what is the difference between using and not using the Docker? I find the Docker stuff very confusing.

I’m not sure what you mean by what other sources are compatible... the docker method gives you a unique URL that is only for you, which is ultimately what you need. Also, it uses the custom tags that the Channels developers added to make the guide data more robust than it would otherwise be.

Let me try again. How do I use this to put anything in Channels? In this case, how do I find the Pluto url? What if I want to use my Spectrum app for the channels in it. I really don't want to use Docker as as the instructions aren't clear enough. They assume knowledge that I don't possess.

Use the sources section to add sources like your streaming provider. Click the add button and it will walk you through it.

1 Like

I posted a condensed set of instructions in this thread here - Pluto TV and Stirr

You don't need to understand anything about Docker to use it and its just a couple of simple steps to setup, presuming you have some place to run it (Mac, Windows, Linux, or NAS).

If you don't use Docker, the Pluto experience will be sub-optimum with less guide data, cover art, etc..

ok, I'm happy and making progress, altho, reading 700+ posts on a thread, can be confusing...
ok, first, I've read, LIMITS on..channels? 499? is that, Total number of channels? or 499 per source: ie pluto?
I also think I read, this limit was removed? thanks so much for clairity!

Thanks, that makes more sense. I'm running my server on a Shield so where does the Docker go?