Pluto TV and Stirr

There's no plans to have Pluto as a first class source in Channels.

Clarification please.

User A is at home watching Pluto channel 100 - User B is connecting remotely and plays the same channel 100.
The result would be?

I'm not sure if you're talking about a dvr user or m3u user. If the dvr is the only software connecting to the m3u docker, that is considered one user.

1 Like

This explains why Pluto has been cutting out for me. Thanks.

I got it, thanks. It took about 20 minutes but it didn't end up being too difficult.

I'm not an expert on this, and I only just used Docker for the first time to do this. I might be able to help you conceptually. Yes, you need to install Docker on the system you are going to run this on. I don't think it has to be on the same device that you are running Channels, but probably easier and better to do that so you are sure its running when DVR is running. I'm on a Mac Mini, but whatever system will be similar.
You first install Docker, and after you do that on the Mac, you can open it up, but it doesn't really do anything. You go into terminal and execute a command line command that is provided in the github instructions that maddox provided. That single command will download the package, start it up, and set it to restart every time the system is restarted. Then you go into the DVR Settings and follow his instructions to add a new source. The only tricky part is figuring out the right urls.

So:
Step 1 - Install Docker on your system. That just allows your system to run docker apps.
Step 2 - Enter the command line command from the github package to install and start the Pluto for Channels app.
Step 3 - Add a source in Channels DVR using the instructions from the github package.

As I said, the most challenging part is figuring out the two urls for your system.

2 Likes

Once Docker is installed and the pluto-for-channels image added and started it is as simple as going to:
http://localhost:8080/ (or the IP:portnumber if you have it configured differently)
There are 2 links provided - copy the link(s) as required for use when setting up pluto as a source.

thank you for that simple to follow, easy explanation..works perfectly now! :laughing:

Seems to be working fine for me, recording via M#U, for te past several days anyway. I realize this stuff changes all the time.

I ran the command from the jonmaddix docker page, it says it installed. I tried running the command shown from link above and get an error invalid reference edit at. First time ever using docker. Not sure how to start the docker image f the command doesn’t work. Post above says there was one command to download, install and run the image. I never saw a command on the page for that so used the one I found on jonmaddox/Pluto-for-channels.
WhT am I doing wrong

Nvm, got it to
Run from the docker dashboard

1 Like

Just to be a little cheat, if you go tohttps://techzyon.com/epg/, it lists Xumo, among others.

2 Likes

Is Stirr guide data working for anyone?

the EPG for Xumo doesn't work (as far as I can tell). If you find a working one please let us know!

1 Like

yes working for me

Xumo not working correctly.. hope someone finds it

2 Likes

Docker/Pluto works great but I can no longer get stir to update program guide. The Stirr channels, 119 of them show up. Mind posting the settings you are using? Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks, but as I mentioned, getting the guide info is the problem. I get the channels.

2 Likes

Hi could you please zoom with me to help me do this if so email [email protected]