NAS Brand/Models Poll

We’ve made a lot of progress on NAS support this week.

Packages built and tested:

• QNAP
  • Synology
  • WDMyCloud
  • Seagate/Lacie (NAS OS)
  • Netgear (ReadyNAS)
  • UnRAID
  • FreeNAS

Packages built, but not yet tested:

• ASUSTOR
  • Drobo

No packages yet:

• Thecus

If you have a device in the middle list and are able to help test our app packages, send me a PM.

1 Like

I have a LaCie 5big pro

Thanks to help from @nicholass817 we now have a working package for NAS OS (Lacie and Seagate).

Still looking for someone with a Netgear ReadyNAS to help us verify Channels DVR works there.

1 Like

Not sure if this will be helpful or not but I have an old ReadyNAS NV+ v2. Will that do what you need or is it too old?

Here’s ReadyNAS NV+ v2 info:

root@ReadyNAS:~# uname -a
Linux ReadyNAS 2.6.31.8.nv+v2 #1 Thu Apr 18 17:40:54 HKT 2013 armv5tel GNU/Linux

root@ReadyNAS:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l)
BogoMIPS : 1599.07
Features : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
CPU implementer : 0x56
CPU architecture: 5TE
CPU variant : 0x2
CPU part : 0x131
CPU revision : 1

Hardware : Feroceon-KW
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000

Looks like those older units don’t run ReadyNAS OS 6, so you can’t install apps on them.

That’s kinda what I figured…hope someone else chimes in with a newer unit.

Myself, I’m running a FreeNAS box now. Also have a macOS VM (El Cap for now) I’m planning to run the DVR on.

I have an RN104. Running 6.6.0.

1 Like

I would vote for UNRAID. A way to get support into most raids and Linux would be to publish as a docker container.

Netgear ReadyNAS packages are working thanks to @166

I am working on an UnRAID package, and am still looking for someone in the US who has an ASUSTOR NAS.

We have a working unRAID plugin thanks to help from @Minich!

We also have working FreeBSD binaries, so I’m going to look at writing a FreeNAS plugin next. FreeNAS users- are you using plugins for most other 3rd-party apps, or setting up custom jails? Looks like plugins are the new/easier way to do things now: https://doc.freenas.org/9.3/freenas_plugins.html

FreeNAS plugins work well. I’m running the CrashPlan plugin and a couple others. As far as I can tell, the plugins just basically automate the setup of a jail and offer an easy way to make basic setting changes for the jail. Good to hear your planning a Channels DVR FreeNAS plugin. Let me know if you’d like me to test.

I have the MyCloud EX4100 as well.

I have a MyCloud PR4100. It was one of the NAS recommended before the launch of the public beta. I have not seen anyone else mention the PR4100 yet. I got it specifically because the newer intel processer supports hardware transcoding yet as of the latest build I must turn software transcoding on for web GUI streaming or I get an error.

A number of us (from the Alpha and Beta) are running the PR4100. It works exceedingly well.

WD PR4100 8 TB - Works great! 5 ATV 4 throughout the house. No problem with 4-5 streams.

how did you install it on the WD? through ssh? i dont see that install file on the getchannels site for that model. thanks.

There is a link for the PR4100 package on https://community.getchannels.com/dvr/#install

Download the package (link below), then log into the admin web site. (MyCloudPR4100.Local), go to the Apps tab, then click on the + in the bottom left. Select :“To install an app manually, click here”. Select the package you downloaded and then click on configure once it finishes install.

1 Like

Thanks, i had no idea that model was a "PR4100"

@OurFamilySpot my4TB WDBCTL0040HWT-NESN doesnt have a + sign to add apps. i do have the HDHomerun dvr installed on it, but they do it via their app with ssh. strange.