NAS Synology DS423+ do I buy

Hi, newbie here looking for help. I’ve been using my Channels dvr server on a Mac with a usb drive and then via a raspberry Pi installed to boot from the drive image. The drive failed :man_shrugging:
Looking at replacing the system with a NAS is the Synology a good April see for channels or is there a better option?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Make sure it has Intel CPU

1 Like

For what it's worth: I moved my ChannelsDVR setup from a Raspberry Pi to a Synology DS220+ about 2.5 years ago. It works great for ChannelsDVR, while I also use it for Plex, a couple of containers plus I use it for backups and network storage. ChannelsDVR puts very little load on the NAS CPU and memory.

I'm running channels on my Synology and it is working great.
The only change i had to make was changing the drives used from some less expensive drives to Iron Wolf drives.

Running multiple Channels DVR servers and various docker m3u sources on two Synology NAS w/Intel CPU.
If I were to get a new Synology for Channels DVR, I would pick the DS423+

Lately, I have been using a QNAP TS-464. Mine is rackmount, but they also make it in a box the same size as the synology and for about the same price, but the hardware is better.
It works very well, has no issues transcoding for remote/web, and is a fantastic server for additional purposes as well.