Nat Geo WILD issues, pixelization, audio drops (Disney chans too)

I notice that the last few weeks, Nat Geo WILD TVE has picture issues. Alike to what the Discovery channels were doing not to long ago.
Every 10 secs or so, slight pixelation/break up, and sometimes audio drop out.
I watch/record the new episodes of Dr. Pol every week, and it is quite annoying.
I notice the normal Nat Geo channel also does it.

I see it happen on the Nat Geo LIVE website too.

I been emailing Nat Geo support the last few weeks, but get nowhere. Same BS troubleshooting messages that Discovery did. Run speedtest, clear cache, reboot router, try differnt browser, etc.

They insist they have watched the stream and can not reproduce the issue.

Can anyone else who has Nat Geo WILD confirm the issues and also message them to complain?

So, they They are NOT helpful.

" As you are experiencing this issue on both the Live Streaming feed on our website and through your cable box/antenna, this sounds like you are experiencing an issue with the Nat Geo channel with your TV Service Provider as they provide both the feed on our website and the feed for your cable box.

We strongly urge you to reach out to your TV provider service customer care, as they will be able to help further assist."

The funny thing is, that the same channel streamed via the Xfinty Stream app/site, does not have this issue, Nor does the channel on a cable box....only the Nat Geo website.

I notice Disney TVE stations also doing this, though not as bad as Nat Geo WILD.

Why do i even bother.....

I know watching what people want is starting to be a chore.

I just don't get it... i tune any of their channels on their site, and see the issues within 20 secs of watching.....

How can they not replicate the issue?? It is clearly visible on the website stream.

I went to a Comcast store today, and showed them the issue. They confirmed the same results when streaming the channels from the website, on their own store computer and personal devices.
NONE of their Comcast cable boxes, or Streaming devices that use the CATV stream have this issue.
It is ONLY the nategeo WEBSITE that has this issue.

One employee also mentioned that he noticed the same issues streaming Disney channels via the Disney GO apps with his kids.

The store manager, and a Engineer on site, and a person on the phone from Comcast Corporate, all confirmed to me that the Nate Geo Website stream is NOT controlled by them, nor is feed to any of their equipment or apps.

The Engineer used a device to capture the NatGeo/NatGeo WILD website stream for me as proof of the issue.
Again, this is using a different computer, location, and internet connection, so it is clearly not any of my hardware or network that is causing the issues.

Look at these 3 short videos and see the issues:
(you may have to download and play the video file locally)

Yeah I'm noticing it too. The West, East & Wild feeds and I am signing in through YouTube TV and from Dallas.

@themediaguy
Please message NatGeo/ABC and tell them you have the same issues. (Feedback link in first post).

Do not mention Channels DVR, or they will blame the issue on third party software.

Another week goes by, another new episode of Dr. Pol on Nat Geo WILD... still the same issues.
Seems to worsen as the program goes on.

Not heard anything further back from ABC/Nat Geo.
They still can't reproduce the issue and say its "your providers issue"

So, I guess this issue will remain and nothing can be done about it.

For anyone else who notices this issue on these channels, please report them using this link, maybe if they get multiple reports, they will take it seriously.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.