Navigating by channel number on a firestick

I've got quite a few live channels on my Channels DVR and I would like to be able to access a particular channel by somehow typing in the channel number while using my firestick. Any ideas on how to do this?

If you get a remote that lets you type numbers it should work.

1 Like

does firestick have some sort of remote with numbers on it? Or is there a control using my iphone?

I don't know how well these work, but here's an example:

I don't think the official Fire Stick remote app for iOS includes number buttons, but there are third-party apps and maybe they do. I'm on Android so can't help you there.

I do not think the numbers will work as input to the firestick unless you know for sure ... might have to use a FLIRC.

1 Like

I have a remote with numbers (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08T1B2FTF) and when I try it on my firetv, pressing the numbers show on the channels screen as if it's going to work, but then also seem to get passed through to the TV's OS.. For example, while watching a show just now on channels, I typed another channel number and the TV exited the Channels app and ran PLUTO and selected a channel there.. It does seem to work when I exit the live screen and go back to the guide, but it would be nice if it worked like a "normal" tv and I could do it while watching live TV too..

Is it sending Infrared to your tv?

These are great Remotes I found them here ....
Amazon.com: AuviPal G9F Backlit Mini Bluetooth Keyboard, Replacement Remote Control with 21 IR Keys for TV Stick 4K, Chromecast Google TV, NVIDIA Shield, Android Box and Insignia Smart TV : Electronics

The Channel Number entry does not work on Channels DVR but works on everything else ... These Are Bluetooth but can also do IR.

Using the Keyboard side the Channels # entry works.

I have this exact remote, and the number pad works great in channels when attached to an older Jetstream Android TV box using Bluetooth. My only complaint is that the rechargeable batteries need frequent recharging.

It goes to sleep to save batteries but this causes an annoying notification on the FireTV "discconnected/connected" every few minutes.

I just repaired it and the number entry does work in Channels using FireTV. SMH