NBA League Pass says it's TVE-compatible now (YouTube TV) (edit: but it's not really)

According to YouTube TV, the NBA League Pass is TVE-compatible.
Will we be able to watch it through the Channels interface?
I'll sign up if we can!

https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/7556177#zippy=%2Ccurrently-available-tv-everywhere-sites

1 Like

This would be sweet. Can we test this out on preseason games or do we need to wait until the season starts? I was considering paying for League Pass. Would be sweet if it integrated into Channels DVR.

Let's hope they don't DRM the streams.
If there is DRM, probably won't happen.

1 Like

There is a seven day free trial right now but make sure to sign up through YouTube tv, not NBA.com.

I have to cancel my nba com because it won't play on YouTube. I'll sign up for the YouTube league pass tomorrow.

Random question on NBA League Pass, if you purchase through YTTV, can you also watch the games on the NBA app on your say Android TV? Do your YTTV credentials work on the NBA TV app?

I'll check tomorrow. But my credentials do work on NBA.com computer webpage. It asks me to choose my TV provider and I give it my YTTV account and it seemed happy.
No league-pass games for me to verify with tonight though.

If you want to sign up for YTTV's NBA League Pass, this is how to do it:

1. Click your user icon at the top right of YouTube TV
  2. Click Settings
  3. Scroll down till you see NBA League Pass
  4. If you want the seven day trial, then it looks like YTTV forces you to go with the monthly plan.
  5. I bought the $99 annual plan and watch all teams play on one PC.**

No games to test with tonight. Both of tonight's games are on national TV.

1 Like

Bummer.
YTTV's info page says NBA League Pass is TVE but I can't figure out how to get it to show up in Channels.
It and NBA TV both show up in YTTV webpage but neither show up in Channels.

1 Like

If you're okay sharing your credentials check in with @m0ngr31. He mentioned he was interested in seeing if it would work with his EPlusTV project which is great.

1 Like