NBC Sports Chicago Plus HD

Hey guys! First off, incredible work on the app. It's an absolute life-changer.

I'm not able to find NBC Sports Chicago Plus via TV Everywhere--it doesn't appear to even be checking for it. I'm able to watch the channel using my Xfinity login in the NBC Sports Chicago apps, as well as on their website. Wondering if I'm missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

The only NBCSN Plus RSN that is available via TVE is Philly+. Do you have a direct URL to share for Chicago+?

I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean by a direct link to that channel. Apologies, I'm only 48hrs into my Channels TVE experience.

When I log into the NBC Sports Chicago website using my Xfinity subscription, all three NBC Sports Chicago channels are available to me. Similarly, when I log into the NBC Sports app on my AppleTV, all three are available. My assumption was that if I could stream a channel using my Xfinity login, that TVE would also be able to track it down.

Perhaps this isn't how it works? Thanks for being patient with a new user!

This is the pertinent part. Channels can only access a stream if:

• You use your existing cable/satellite/OTT login to authenticate
  • The channel you wish to access streams their live linear feed on the channel's website
  • The address/URL used to access the aforementioned streams are consistent, and need no additional logins or DRM

Perhaps you can aid the developers in providing the necessary URLs?

This is exactly how it works. Since it isn't available on TVE right now, either the devs have tried to implement the NBCSN Chicago Plus channel in the past and it was glitchy or incompatible, or a stream wasn't previously available and it's new, so it hasn't been added yet. I'm sure one of them will explain when they see your post.

I don't live in the region, but the URL is https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/stream correct?

Thanks guys!

The URL provided by alai does lead to a page that contains all the currently available streams. If and when the developers spot this post, if there's any other information I can provide that would be helpful, please doin't hesitate to let me know!

1 Like

Has there been any update on this? Earlier this year or late last year it was working and now it isn't.

I emailed support a few days ago but haven't received a response.

Circling back around on this one. NBCSN Chicago hasn't been working via TVE (Xfinity) for a few weeks now. I've gone through multiple beta updates. I've credentials errors and "not in subscription" errors. I love Channels and I'm not here to complain, just wondering if it's a known issue. Thanks!

1 Like

The NBC Sports Channel Is not being broadcast anymore, CBS Sports took over.

I think you’re confusing this with national NBCSN, which did shut down at the end of 2021. I don’t think CBS Sports Network “took over”, although some cable companies may have given CBS the old channel number for NBCSN.

@xmarty is talking about the regional NBC Sports channels, which are still live in their respective markets.

Any word on this? NBC sports chicago not working fir me. I have xfinity and using TVE

Hello.
I just switched to Hulu TVE.
I can see NBC Sports chicago in hulu, but Channels DVR doesnt bring it into the list.

Thanks

You're replying to a 2 year old thread. NBCU has since added DRM protections to their TVE streams so they are no longer compatible with ChannelsDVR's TVE integration.

Darn it. Of course comcast-nbc would something like that. :face_vomiting: