NBCSN not working

NBCSN is giving an error - playmaker error: INVALID_RESOURCE_ID

Works from browser on server, but not from Channels DVR web interface.

works for me, I just verified it.

If it's still an issue, try updating to a newer version, if available? Sometimes a quick reboot can help too.

as of 2 days ago, it worked fine, but today it stopped working.

network pid not found

NBCSN has always been an issue, especially with Premier League Soccer. Most of us have learned to deal with this, so the developers wont remove it again. If you go to NBCSN site and requires you to view an ad before live content plays this is what error will occur in Channels DVR. The network is constantly changing the streaming URL "pid" and its very difficult for the Developers to track down. If its a program like Racing or something not related to soccer. You may have to wait a few moments for TVE to start the stream. I have seen this with Nascar. It will eventually appear. Complaining about this channel a lot could get it removed again. This is the greedy network NBC issue not channels.

thanks for the info kennyb3653 much appreciated

I had this happen twice now -- last Wed and Mon. Had the Stanley Cup Finals set up to record and got this error instead. :fearful:

Deleting and re-adding the TVE provider fixed the problem. But of course, I've missed half the period by then.

I've even decided to test it beforehand on Wed. Selected whatever was showing on NBCSN at the time and pressed record. Everything worked fine.

But when the Cup started:

2020/09/23 20:25:00.704921 [DVR] Starting job 1600905600-ch6161 2020 Stanley Cup Final on ch=[6161]
2020/09/23 20:25:00.944457 [ERR] Failed to start stream on channel 6161 via TVE-DTV: TVE: playmaker error: INVALID_RESOURCE_ID
2020/09/23 20:25:00.944604 [DVR] Error running job 1600905600-ch6161 2020 Stanley Cup Final: could not start stream on channels=[6161]: TVE: playmaker error: INVALID_RESOURCE_ID

Luckily today's and tomorrow's games are on NBC.

NBCSN not working. Has "network pid not found" error. Missed a recording last night due to this error. Any chance of a quick fix?

Why does this seem to happen most often to NBCSN?

Thanks,
Chuck

Usually this seems to be a problem with the NBCSN feed itself: they are attempting to insert a pre-roll ad or something similar which might work with redirects in a browser and having user-interaction, but that scenario doesn't work with a headless stream so well.

This still has the same issues and it has been 2 days. I have rescanned the channel individually each day at least twice. Is this a Channels problem or NBCSN? I can watch NBCSN Washington on Channels just fine.

I'm getting this as well.

Yup same issue with network pid not found error. Been days now. Hopefully it's at least being looked into.

As previously stated—both recently and when it was first noticed—this is an issue rooted in how NBCSN is providing the feed. It's a "them" issue, not an "us"—meaning Channels—issue.

The problem is the feed from NBCUniversal, not in how Channels is receiving the feed.

Because the problem is how the feed is being served, it is harder to fix.