Need more EPG?

So my source EPG is about two days, and I can buy a $20 EPG that gives me seven days. How many days does CHANNELS give you, and is there a list? How many days does M3U4U give you?

It depends on your source.

If it's some IPTV source, the EPG is usually provided as an XML with the playlist. It's not something that Channels controls.

Even the EPG for HDHomeRun or TVE is provided by Gracenote so not something that Channels controls either. In this case, it's usually about 2 weeks.

Thought I could remap the EPG on the iptv to the grace note channels? Is that not available ?

Yes, that is the correct thing to do. (Map your STATIONIDS)

Use Dispatcharr, there are also loads of plugins to automate that for you, or thow a clanker at it.

2 Likes

Zerodayz --- yes know I could just toss something at it and pray. Just did not want to learn another tool (dispatcher). My SOURCE for IPTV has XML with two days. Just looking for something more robust with several days on the EPG. Am paying $20 a year for EPG and just wish CHANNELS had a better way to integrate and change to a different mapped EPG, or that CHANNELS just had an internal EPG I can use.

And, as far as I know, if one of your Sources, like Pluto, has a 36 hour EPG,
then ALL of you Sources on the Client will be limited to 36 hours in the Client Guide.
So the shortest EPG rules all the others on a Client.
Please correct me if I am am mistaken and tell me how to avoid this IRRITATING feature.
Thanks

It's not really praying, it's robust, using CDVRs proper 2-week GRACENOTE EPG; what you are paying for with the CDVR subscription.

All you are doing is giving your playlist channels the right stationID in order to pull the correct EPG from Gracenote. Works perfectly, logos too.

It does and that's what we recommend using

1 Like

Any comment on the restriction on the Client to the shortest Source Guide?
Is there a solution for that which is possible?
Example:The Pluto for Channels project (KineticMan Pluto for Channels Fork) shows the guide data is 37 hours, and ALL Guide data is cut at 37 hrs.
Indexed 13570 airings into XMLTV-PlutoCHVR (427 channels over 37h45m0s) + 618 skipped [10s index]
And there are others that are short also.
Thanks

Not happening for me

This is not a thing.

1 Like

Well, This Guide cut short issue has been going on for a long time for me.
I have absolutely no idea what to try, I am open to any and all suggestions to try to fix this.
Win 11 server, Latest stable release, all clients are ONN or Firestick, same Guide issue on all.
In the UI on the laptop server I can select days and times in the future and its all there.
The ONN Pro I use mostly has tons of memory available so its not that, WIFI speed is 200 down or so.
I use mostly TVE, some channels / Sources from other source, they work just fine with many days of
Guide reported on the logs but all stop at Thursday afternoon on the Clients right now (5pm Wednesday).
I also have a problem with "Preparing your TV" popping up randomly and OFTEN for no apparent reason.
Maybe related??
It is reloading the Guide or something, can't figure out that either.
Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.