Network attacks on channels dvr-server

My AT&T fiber optic router has reported blocking a number of 'network attacks' on my 'dvr-server', usually in the wee hours of the morning. It cites a blocked IP number.

I'm not experiencing any problems with the content I'm asking it to record.

Anybody else seeing this ? Is it widespread, or just me ?

Any action I should take, considering the router seems to be handling it by blocking IP numbers ?

1 Like

This is the reality of the internet. There are bots and computers scanning the entire internet at all times.

Channels is getting popular? My report for port 8089 from yesterday looks like this

1 SRC=107.170.246.9
      1 SRC=139.59.83.16
      1 SRC=167.94.138.96
      1 SRC=185.233.19.94
      1 SRC=193.163.125.144
      1 SRC=2.57.121.229
      1 SRC=79.124.56.102
     18 SRC=185.56.80.40

There is another piece of software using 8089 port as default -

Your first test — Locust 2.15.1 documentation

Consider turning "off" remote access and using Tailscale for remote access?

2 Likes

Will try turning off remote access, except for the 5% of the time I use it ... Dunno if I want a VPN ... the ATT router seems to do a good job of blocking attempted harm.

1 Like

Once you open a port, it is open to the world.

True, but I've been running this a year and a half without seeing port attacks, now suddenly a few in a few days. The router seems to be bouncing them all right, but it insists on telling me about them :laughing: ... All are on the 'dvr-server'.

Turning off remote access didn't change anything. The attacks are now several a day. I guess on port 8089. The AT&T router continues to bounce them.

best-firewall

1 Like

:rofl: :joy:
Perhaps a more drastic solution than I currently want to use ...
:rofl: :joy:

The router is doing it's job, I wouldn't worry about this.