New Apple Remote Skip not work

Just received the new Apple TV remote. My Channels server is up to date with pre release version. Channels DVR up to date. Skip forward or skip backward are not working on Channels Home DVR. Live or recorded.

Follow up. Skip working on other apps. Hulu, Netflix, ETC. Using AppleTv IOS 14.6. Switched back to original AppleTv 4K remote and skip works.

Yes same here.

Looks like Plex has similar issue.

Do you mean clicking dpad left/right?

We're still waiting on our hardware.

Apple did not publish any new SDKs or APIs for this remote. Perhaps it will be fixed in tvOS 14.6 which is due out soon.

1 Like

Yes. But holding it down does work.

1 Like

My remote has completely stop working. Will not connect to either of my AppleTVs. Let it charge for over an hour. Unplugged AppleTv still nothing. (Nothing to do with Channels)

I had to pair my remote. Hold remote 3 inches from Apple TV and hold the menu and volume up button for five seconds.

New Apple TV remote additional info... Short presses of D-pad left, right, up and down buttons DO NOT work (no response) in Channels player for skip fwd, skip back Mini guide, etc. Short presses of these buttons DO work as expected in guide, menus, etc. throughout the rest of ATV4K. Long press and hold of these buttons in player DO work as expected for ffwd, rwd functions.

Fix is available via TestFlight. We're submitting v4.5.5 to Apple for review as well.

7 Likes

Beta is still touch and go for me. Sometimes it works. Sometimes I have to press a few times for it to work.

Edit: restart made it work for me in beta

Appreciate the another fast response. Downloading v4.5.5 directly from the store fixed this. There was a warning before download that the “game” requires the 1st gen Siri remote.

1 Like

Just downloaded. Fixed.

I just realized I got this error when downloading the “Channels DVR” app I used to use instead of updating the “Channels for HDHomeRun” app from version 4.5.3. All sorted out, there was no warning on the update.

This issue seemed to still be happening for me, even after updating Channels to the latest version. However, restarting the ATV helped everything work. Just an FYI.