New Apple TV 4K

Based on suggestions here (and some buggy Fire Sticks), I decided to take the plunge and buy an Apple TV. Every store around here was out of stock so I ordered one on Amazon. It arrived today, just in time for Apple’s announcement of a new box. Figures…. Already ordered the new one. Ha ha.

1 Like

Amazon's got a 30day return policy :slight_smile: try it out for a month and then change your mind and return it

2 Likes

It’s packed up and ready to go back. I figured a new version would be out sometime soon. I just didn’t expect it the same day. The price cut is nice. I’ll probably get a second one of I like it.

1 Like

We would suggest getting the one that has Ethernet (the more expensive one) because it can make a big difference in reliability compared to Wi-Fi.

Ugh. I got mine about a week ago and just went through the hassle of setting it up over the weekend. I suck at returning things too.

1 Like

Even better, Amazon is currently in their holiday schedule now. So returns are eligible till January 2023.

2 Likes

My order shows an eligible “return until” date of 30 days from the date I purchased which was during the Prime deal.

Ugh. That’s a pain. I guess the timing of mine wasn’t so bad since I didn’t even have a chance to open it.

Got it. It was only $20 more so I figured it was worth it. It also has more storage.

1 Like

I can speak to this from my own experience. I have 2 ATV's connected via Ethernet and 2 via wifi in my house. Performance is noticeably lesser on the wifi devices. So much that I'm working on running lines to each of those rooms. Not a Channels or Apple issue just reliability over wifi.

Way back screen I bought my house, I used windows media center. The first thing I did (much to my wife’s dismay) was to run CAT6 throughout the house. It was a pain at the time but definitely comes in handy.

2 Likes

Wireless can work fine. Wired Ethernet will work great. Before I ran cable at my place, when troubleshooting mysterious issues, I’d often pull out a long cat5 cable. My wife learned that when she saw that cable running down the hall to just not ask….

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.