New ATV Beta: Re-designed Recordings tab! (+ new TestFlight)

Is the automated request for invites working? I’ve clicked this but don’t have invite yet

I like the new way it’s set up, especially with the scrolling going top to bottom again. I didn’t like how we had to go sideways a lot of clicks to get to the 'More" or just something in the last spot.

1 Like

I clicked on the link last night and still have not received an invite. How long does it take?

Edit, just tried it again and it came up after a few minutes.

I think I fixed the issue, but let me know if anyone else has trouble.

I received the test flight invite yesterday after clicking the link. First impression is a big thumbs up. More intuitive and has a higher end feel then the current general release.

This build is now live on the App Store as v2.1.32

Please take a minute to rate the new version on the App Store. Thanks!

I just noticed that on the web interface. “Up Next” shows a 5 bubble, despite me hiding the shows.
There are no show tiles on the right as expected.

Does refresh fix it?

Nope, but when I watch an unwatched show, it decrements.

Mine also shows (and has shown since implementing the hide feature) a number bubble with no detail on right. Haven’t noticed any ill effects on either tvOS or web ui. I just ignore it.

The count shows unwatched shows instead of up next, since they used to be the same (before hiding was implemented.)

Fixed for next build.

Why would the unwatched flags disappear on the ATV? None of my unwatched shows(4) have them.

Also, the popcorn icon is back. What triggers it on/off on the recordings screen?

The Recordings tab drops down to a simplified form when you only have a few recorded shows. This is what you are seeing. Once you have more than 4 shows, the expanded view is used.

This has been removed and in the future it won’t show up. All that will be used is the expanded view you saw when you have more than 4 different shows.

2 Likes

I like the new view for recordings! Would it be possible to exclude certain shows from Up Next? For example shows like the local news and late night shows like The Tonight show I don’t really need to be pointed to watching, I’ll watch them whenever. Series TV shows are great for Up Next as its a quick way to catch up on series based shows you watch on a weekly basis. Just a thought :slight_smile:

Yes, see New ATV Beta: Re-designed Recordings tab! (+ new TestFlight)

great thanks! Also I noticed when the more option pops up its blank with no picture, having … as an icon would visually make it look better, right now it looks like something didn’t load correct. Thanks again

I’m not sure which option you’re talking about

The square in the bottom right corner

Also I don’t see a settings option on the Recordings Tab. I see if you click Unwatched it shows Recent/Name on the right, but I don’t see a settings option to hide shows from Up Next from the web interface.

You need to click into the Show you want to hide, then click the gear dropdown.