New BET channel logo (2021 rebrand)

BET has recently rebranded its channels with new logos. I'm attaching the new BET logo for the Channels team to update it for everyone. The PNG file (attached below) has the 4:3 ratio and transparent background. I exported it in the white version, since the Channels app has a relatively dark interface. Let me know if a larger size is needed.

Here's the file:
bet

The logos used are provided by Gracenote, Channels' guide data provider. You can either wait until they update their images, or you can supply your own using a Custom Channel.

I see, thanks. Regarding custom channels, I've tried creating them for TVE channels using an html address like below:

#EXTM3U
 #EXTINF:-1 channel-number="6018" tvg-logo="___/bet.png",BET
 http://_____/devices/ANY/channels/6018/stream.mpg

When trying to play on the WebUI or TV, the link simply doesn't work because it is self-referencing itself. Is there a solution for this? Maybe a different kind of link?

The channel just doesn't play. Here's what the log says:

2021/07/12 02:00:41.978098 [TNR] Sharing existing connection to TVE-Verizon for ch6018 BET (clients=2, len=0)

Never mind, I figured it out! Stream settings must be set to MPEG-TS...

Don't forget the channel-id tag.

1 Like

Gracenote updates these pretty quickly. MSNBC did an overhaul of their on-screen graphics and logo font a few months ago and I think Gracenote had the new logo within a week.

It's far from perfect though... the ESPN and ESPN2 logo colors aren't consistent, and FXM is a dark grey while FX and FXX are black. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like