New beta version

Installed new Android beta version yesterday, first since released version v4.6.6. Didn't notice anything in the released notes yet about it.

1 Like

Wow, a group of updates now. Nice to see Android get some attention. Noticed the new Surround Test actually is under the Playback section, not the Support section. Really like the addition of diagnostic type tests. Would really like even more of these, like the Server diagnostics has. Maybe add a memory test, just my pet thing.

One thing that bothers me just a little, why can't the Play To option for Android Mobile be fixed? It hasn't worked right for more than a year. Seems like the option should be removed, if it can't be supported properly.

The guide also has two bugs that are not getting any further attention, which seems a shame since the guide is a core interface. Channels is otherwise the superior product on Android/FireTV.

2 Likes

Honestly if they are unable to find the issue I just wish they'd put in an option of forcing the app to reload every time (preparing your TV screen)

It's a really really weird bug that I have not found a way to consistently reproduce.

I was also wondering what was going on with the Play On option on the mobile app.