NEW: Channels DVR backend for Nvidia SHIELD

Actually after comparing, don’t you need to select the directory above where you are and not clicking on a backup? Go up a directory, click Load, then it’ll give you another screen to choose the backup.

None of the other SHIELD’s I’ve seen have a /storage/SHIELD. They all have /storage/XXXX-XXXX. For some reason your’s is different with /storage/DCAXXXXX, so things are not working correctly.

I’ll try rename of 4tb device to XXXX-XXXX…hopefully, that will fix it.

Renaming the drive will not help… the name is chosen by the OS automatically. Wait for the next build, which should let you restore from within /storage/DCA*/NVIDIA_SHIELD

Ah, for that and forcing a non selectable user password I’ll call the Shield “POS”

v2017.05.22.2051 is now available.

Tried reformatting the 4tb drive (non quick on SP Pro 3), after 2 hours it is less than 25% done. I’m going to cancel and again do a quick format for NTFS. Will then do a reload of DVR after attaching to Shield

One thing I noticed that On previously quick format, I was not able to connect to the network share for this drive on my iMac7, although I do have a NTFS reader on iMac.

Expect same results as prior (DCA*), although now should be able to try with newly released DVR build to hopefully restore database on the DCA* share. If ok, then will copy over the balance of DVR directory from Qnap and continue from there.

Complete bust. Cannot connect. Will try again tomorrow.

What are steps you have used to connect to “local-storage (internal)” disk on Nvidia shield?

I am totally frustrated with Win10 and Shield (POS)!

Thanks for the fix, however:

After I blew out the initial setup and did a complete re-install…guess what?

My “new” machine assigned directory is “14F62272F6225470”, no longer begins with “DCA*”

Frustrating for both of us???

Oof. Send me output of /system/disk and I will fix in the morning

How about “ugh”.

BTW:

Time codes are working - Yay

FYI: The X (to delete a search parameter) is not in these builds, just a reminder for beta/production builds.

Still can’t connect to Shield as “network storage” nor was I able to map a network drive in Win10.

May have to blow out this disk also and assign a proper name to disk during format on Win10. Tried 1239-4000 on quick format, before your answer re: machine assigned name on Shield.

Additionally, the old DCA* is still appearing as an option when trying to setup DVR storage…expect the 14F* will also appear tomorrow after reformat/reinstall.

Not going to do anything else until I hear from you. Qnap will suffice for now.

Neophyte user here…need total syntax…Please

[{“device”:"/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/FCT",“mountpoint”:"/mnt/factory",“fstype”:“ext4”,“opts”:“ro,context=u:object_r:factory_file:s0,relatime,data=ordered”},{“device”:"/dev/block/dm-0",“mountpoint”:"/mnt/expand/86f8beef-ab48-4d91-8efb-ecc4bee758bb",“fstype”:“ext4”,“opts”:“rw,dirsync,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime”},{“device”:"/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/UDA",“mountpoint”:"/mnt/expand/86f8beef-ab48-4d91-8efb-ecc4bee758bb/media/0/InternalStorage",“fstype”:“ext4”,“opts”:“rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered”},{“device”:"/dev/block/vold/public:8,1",“mountpoint”:"/mnt/media_rw/14F62272F6225470",“fstype”:“fuseblk”,“opts”:“rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,blksize=4096”},{“device”:"/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP",“mountpoint”:"/system",“fstype”:“ext4”,“opts”:“ro,seclabel,noatime,data=ordered”},{“device”:"/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/CAC",“mountpoint”:"/cache",“fstype”:“ext4”,“opts”:“rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodelalloc,data=ordered”},{“device”:"/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/vendor",“mountpoint”:"/vendor",“fstype”:“ext4”,“opts”:“ro,seclabel,noatime,data=ordered”},{“device”:"/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/UDA",“mountpoint”:"/data",“fstype”:“ext4”,“opts”:“rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered”},{“device”:"/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/RP3",“mountpoint”:"/factory/wifi_config",“fstype”:“ext4”,“opts”:“rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,data=ordered”}]

New build is out which should deal with the 16 character device names. I also pushed an update to the Play store… on first launch, it will now ask for read/write permission to the USB storage (which it wasn’t doing before and will fix some of the issues that were happening).

Since my Channels DVR no longer runs on my NAS TS-251+ I decided to give this a try.

I have a USB 3.0 drive attached but Channels DVR is trying to access a /storage folder. I am not sure what the /storage folder is but I would like it to store recording in either area:

1. on the attached USB 3 drive
  2. NAS that is already network connected to my Shield.

Anyone has ideas?

Can you post the output from http://dvr-shield.local:8089/system/disk

[{“device”:"/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/FCT",“mountpoint”:"/mnt/factory",“fstype”:“ext4”,“opts”:“ro,context=u:object_r:factory_file:s0,relatime,data=ordered”},{“device”:"/dev/block/dm-0",“mountpoint”:"/system",“fstype”:“ext4”,“opts”:“ro,seclabel,noatime,data=ordered”},{“device”:"/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/CAC",“mountpoint”:"/cache",“fstype”:“ext4”,“opts”:“rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodelalloc,data=ordered”},{“device”:"/dev/block/dm-1",“mountpoint”:"/vendor",“fstype”:“ext4”,“opts”:“ro,seclabel,noatime,data=ordered”},{“device”:"/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/UDA",“mountpoint”:"/data",“fstype”:“ext4”,“opts”:“rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered”},{“device”:"/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/RP3",“mountpoint”:"/factory/wifi_config",“fstype”:“ext4”,“opts”:“rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,data=ordered”},{“device”:"/dev/block/vold/public:8,17",“mountpoint”:"/mnt/media_rw/0000-003C",“fstype”:“vfat”,“opts”:“ro,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1023,gid=1023,fmask=0007,dmask=0007,allow_utime=0020,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro”},{“device”:"/dev/block/dm-2",“mountpoint”:"/mnt/expand/99ffa49d-6895-4478-acb8-36665c34735b",“fstype”:“ext4”,“opts”:“rw,dirsync,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime”}]

How about http://dvr-shield.local:8089/filesystem?path=/system

[“app”,“bin”,“etc”,“fake-libs”,“fake-libs64”,“fonts”,“framework”,“lib”,“lib64”,“lost+found”,“media”,“priv-app”,“simtools”,“tts”,“usr”,“vendor”,“xbin”]