NEW: DVR pre-release with Bonjour update (v2018.03.27.0215)

A new DVR prerelease is available with a major rewrite of the Bonjour server to improve reliability, affecting all non-macOS platforms. (On macOS we use the system Bonjour built in to the operating system).

The big change is improved handling of multiple network interfaces, and automatic IP change detection. Previously if your IP changed due to dhcp, you would have to go in and uncheck/recheck the Bonjour checkbox. Some users with multiple network interfaces (like from VPN clients or VM software) also had issues, and switching from one interface to another (like from Wi-Fi to wired) would not work automagically.

All these issues are now fixed. I’ve tested on Linux, Windows, Shield and FreeBSD but could use some more testing before pushing this out to everyone. If you would like to help, you can update to the pre-release by holding down the SHIFT key and clicking Check For Updates on the DVR web UI.

Please report any issues here.

Stuck on “Waiting to Upgrade…”

Nvidia Stream
No problems on previous updates.
Status page, right box lower status indicates Recording being watched but-
Confirmed no iDevice connected to Channels, and
Offending recording manually delete.

From log file-
“WARNING: linker: /data/data/com.getchannels.dvr/files/channels-dvr/2018.03.22.2106/ffmpeg: unsupported flags DT_FLAGS_1=0x8000000”

just installed will report back this evening unless I see something obvious.

Cancel the alert! Finally found the issue. Dear Wife closed Apple TV app while DVR was on hold watching one of her recordings. Have taken remote away from her for a week. Should solve the issue! (at least for a week).

Now I’m looking for a good divorce lawyer.

Nothing to report… Everything seems to have worked fine,

1 Like

Curious - did the Bonjour fixes you implemented in this rev reduce the problems you were having with Docker last year?

We have a docker container available now in the installation instructions. The same limitations as always apply (need “–net=host”) because of how docker handles networking: https://community.getchannels.com/dvr#install-docker