New Fire TV & Android TV apps

A couple of things. Both apps have no way to record. When you go to a future program nothing happens.
There is also no recordings section. The recording shows up under Up Next.
Tried the Android TV app on the MiBox, the streams are choppy out of sync unwatchable. I know you haven’t tested on anything but the Shield. Also tested on the Nexus Player with the Android 8 beta. It works better than Fire TV or the MiBox. Anyway those are te results of my first couple of hours with the software.

Which FireTV did you try? How was the playback?

2nd Gen Fire TV Box. The live stream was good. Took a few seconds to start up. I made one recording it would freeze. Played the same one on the Nexus Player it played smooth.

The issue with recording playback on the FireTV has been fixed once you upgrade your DVR to v2017.06.28.2127

That fixed it. Thanks.

1 Like

v1.0.17 of the Android app is available now, with better support for the Mi Box

Man you work fast. Is changing the Up Next section to Recordings on your list. Or is there a reason it’s called UP Next instead of Recordings

I changed it a bit to show a DVR header. Up Next and Movies are part of the DVR, and match what is shown on tvOS and on the web UI. “Up Next” is what figures out what the next episode you haven’t watched for each of your recorded shows and recommends it to you.

Other than just knowing they are recordings, There is nothing in the UI that separates live TV from recordings. So somehow a section that says DVR, then up Next, then a list of all recordings.

I just added such a section marker in the latest v1.0.19

Are you a ninja or something? Excellent job.:grin:

Just an FYI:

For those of us who do not use “Up Next” (due to unwanted “takeover” of Top Shelf in tvOS)…there is currently no way to get to show recordings.

Will this run on Fire TV stick?

On v1 Fire Stick, both live and recorded playback is jerky. Don’t know about v2.

I have been testing on a v2 stick and it works fine. Sounds like the v1 stick might be too underpowered for it.

Only 1 episode at a time showing up under up next . Had to delete the previous day’s episode on the server to get today’s episode to show up.

V1 is going back to the closet. At least now, I can re-pair the remote back to the Shield. :grinning:

Might pick up a Fire Stick today? Where do I download the software from?

Instructions here: NEW: Android TV app for Channels DVR (experimental)

FYI: Today, SD released supported app on Amazon Store for FireSticks.

It works great for both Live and Recorded playback on V1