NEW: FireTV app for Channels DVR (experimental)

How can I update the uploaded v1.0.17 on a Fire TV?

I will upload it to Amazon, but there were no changes which would affect the FireTV

Uploaded 1.0.19 to Fire TV, even though notes indicate that no changes were included for Fire TV?

Results: No difference from earlier version. Playback is still jerky on both Live and Recordings.

FYI, the only way I was able to update was to delete the .15 version on Fire TV directly.
Then loaded .19 version from Amazon store using a web browser (deliver to Fire TV)

Please send invite

Please send and invitation

It’s a link in the first post.

The link to the FireTV app has to be sent manually. I sent both those earlier.

I got mine. Works great.

Please send invite. I originally got the app from the Appstore before it was pulled so not getting updates.

You need to opt-in via instructions above. I tried sending invite last week but it did not go through.

I’d like to test this out as well :slight_smile:
Fire TV 2nd Gen

Im happy to test. I’ve got a Firestick.

Sent

I was able to figure out why fire tv stick v1 was having issues, and am working on an update which will improve video framerate across all fire tv models.

1 Like

I have a Fire TV v2 and I’d like to test out the app

Cool! I’m definitely interested. I have the latest FireTV Stick (not sure if there has been more than one generation of it)…Latest firmware.

Forgot to include: I have used the HDHR app, InstaTV, and MrMC. All are seriously lacking.

I would like to test it on Amazon Fire TV 4K + HDHomerun Extend + Samsung 4K HDR 10 TV

The FireTV app is only available to DVR subscribers, as it requires a DVR server to function.

I would like to test it.
Amazon Fire TV