New onn pro won't play remuxed 1080i/h264 channels

Just got an onn pro and have found that it will play all cable and streaming channels (mpeg-2 480i/720p/1080i, h264 720p/1080p, h265 4k) except for the 1080i/h264 channels I get through my HDHRPrime/Verizon FiOS (ex. BBC News, C-SPAN, BeIN Sports, Turner Classic Movies).

My channels server starts remuxing them but the screen stays black with no audio. The onn is on the latest version of the app and the server is on yesterday's pre-release. The logs look the same as when I watch one of those channels on my Hisense Android TV which handles them with no issue.

Did you try changing the deinterlacer from software to hardware or vise versa?

2 Likes

This.

Just tried but I have a Synology DS1522+ so my only two options are blend and linear. Both give the same result.

1080i/MPEG-2 channels de-interlace fine both ways though.

EDIT

Changed the decoder setting on the onn to software from hardware which did fix, thanks! Changing it to hybrid fixed the audio but the picture heavily stuttered and was green.

EDIT 2

The decoder setting being on software does break the h265 4k channels though which is unfortunate but I don't watch college football so they aren't much use to me right now.