NEW: "Play on Roku" support (v2017.05.11.0158)

You can Airplay and Chromecast outside your home, but Roku does not support either of those. We had to add special support for Roku, and it only works inside your home.

I tried.
However for me the ‘watch on ROKU dropdown’ from the DVR web interface (intranet 192.168.xxx.xxx:8089/admin/now) doesn’t display for me on any of the iOS browsers (from either iPhone/iPad Pro) I tried: Safari, Firefox, Brave, etc.
Nor did it display via its windows Dvr host (127.0.0.1:8089/admin/now) (using any browser)

Have Roku premiere+, XS, TV as well as 2 ATV boxes and windows 10 as the dvr

Sounds like the DVR isn’t able to discover your Roku on the network for some reason.

You could try the new experimental Roku app instead, and see if it’s able to find your DVR. https://my.roku.com/add/CHANNELSDVR

‘watch on ROKU dropdown’ from the DVR web interface now works on everything.

Upon casting (to any Roku):
Play on Roku screen appears.
Then video screen stating Loading Video…
progress bar displays, then quits. Stating ‘video failed to load’

Thinking perhaps a bad recording tried all videos. None cast

Thinking, ok perhaps bug in iOS betas I then attempted casting from the server. Same issues.

Channels build: 2017.07.13.0055
Roku: Premiere+ (OS 7.7.0 build 4094), XS (7.6.0)

Do any errors show up in the Log tab?

Are you able to watch same recordings via the web UI video player?

The server is in the middle of a update/reboot. I will check the logs. Silly me for not doing that.
Yes they view fine with the web video player.

Tried again watching the log… nothing was added after video-cast fail

Log snippet from web UI player (start to stop)
2017/07/13 16:33:47 [HLS] Starting transcoder for file-1578 at 4s (encoder=libx264, resolution=1080, deinterlacer=linear, bitrate=6000)
[mpegts @ 000000000061bfc0] Dropped corrupted packet (stream = 1)
[mpegts @ 000000000061bfc0] Dropped corrupted packet (stream = 2)
[mpegts @ 000000000061bfc0] Dropped corrupted packet (stream = 1)
[mpegts @ 000000000061bfc0] Dropped corrupted packet (stream = 2)
2017/07/13 16:34:00 [HLS] Stopping transcoder session file-1578 @ 8.754767s
(Nothing here for cast)

Does this still work? I have the 1080 stick, Roku shows up in the drop-down menu in the browser, but nothing happens when I click it. Not a big deal but just curious if I need to change a setting in Roku menu.

Would rather have a drop-down setting to cast to the Channels Kodi add-on or directly to Kodi!

wow. @Channels2021 wake a 5yr old dead thread.

thats a new record.

(why aren't such ancient threads not set to auto lock)

Channels DVR does not support Roku anymore.

Only recently I have a Roku option in the drop-down list of the web player, so I thought maybe they had been working on just a screen mirror option rather than a full app option.

I swore I saw the same thing, but it's no longer there.
Not that I could use it, but it made me wonder why it showed up there.

I think it only shows up when I turn on the one TV I have a Roku on. Maybe that is why I never noticed it before.

Do you still see the option on the latest pre-release?
I did see it previously, but don't have any Roku's. (Checks under couch cushions)

I'm guessing whatever displayed it in the dropdown was in the code, but dormant/disabled.
When VLC links integration or Audio Only was added it somehow accidentally was enabled for a few versions.

I see it with the latest...

Strange. What happens if you disconnect your Roku from the network. Does it still display the option?
If it needs to "discover" a Roku on the local network I'm clueless why I saw that option since I have no Roku's.

I'll let you know when I get the chance...
I never noticed it until a day or two ago. I will be shocked if it stays when I unplug it. If it stays after I disconnect it, it will have to be that the devs added it recently.

edit...I unplugged it and it is still there after refreshing the web page, On Now. I will leave it unplugged for a few days and see if it goes away.

I left the Roku stick unplugged and I just checked today, it no longer shows in the drop-down menu.

Weird. Now I have to search my network for a phantom Roku :rofl:

1 Like