"New" program?

What does the word "New" mean?

That the guide provider has indicated that a particular airing is new; whether it's for the first time in general, the first time on that channel, or the first time in the market area; it can mean anything, or nothing.

But that comes from the guide provider, not Channels itself.

(From the looks of it, it looks like it is the first time PBS will be airing the Downton Abbey movie.)

Am I paying for that service?

Yes. That is part of the subscription price.

Then please contact the guide provider as it appears to be a mistake - because that aired about 3 years ago. And get a refund while you're at it. Or they can just say "Oh well, tee hee hee, we gave the wrong data again tee hee hee"

The Same thing on some shows like NCIS and Chicago fire started appearing as New.

6:00 PM
1 hr

One Minute New
Season 1, Episode 4

Chief Boden faces accusations that he abandoned a homeless man to die in a warehouse fire.

Oh here we go ...

Is that the one where Boden frantically yells “Report!!” as his crew takes their time in a burning building? That’s definitely not new… That’s every episode.

laugh out loud - that was hilarious

1 Like

Or the EMT dates everyone at the firehouse at least once.

1 Like

Okay. I'll tone it down a bit. Is there anything that can be done about this?

It is a Premiere on PBS https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/specialfeatures/masterpiece-to-air-first-downton-abbey-movie/#

Downton abbey airs in the uk a year ahead of when pbs gets it. This movie is a new airing in the US on pbs so it is new. Masterpieces are the same way

No. Gracenote provides the guide data, and that is how it is in their system. (The guide data is the same you would see on other services, like SiliconDust's own client apps, and even in DirecTV's guide.)

That's odd. The females in my household had already seen it 3 years ago, right here in the US.

Not on PBS they didn't

and SageTV which probably uses the same data

Can we focus on Edwin's thing now?

1 Like

USA appears that Series airing on their station for the first time are marked as new.. I had passes that relied on the New tag but found out that I cannot rely on it as some shows are not New and some that are New are not always marked as New.

2 Likes

Yeah. I'm going to have to step away for a bit. I .... I like to cook my crow first.

1 Like