New quest

Now I am on new quest since I got past using Ubuntu and I am currently on Windows 10 box. The question is should I stay with the I5 processor (no hardware transcoding) 16GB memory HP Windows box or move on to a NAS. I was looking at DS220+ or the DS720+ with a memory upgrade. Also considering a use version of the 2018 models from eBay. Is a NAS a good solid solution. How many streams can it handle in house (only need one external) I have 4 TV's but only 3 constant use. Are they trouble free or is their a lot of buffering or pausing. Most likely the DS720+ or DS718+ due to the 4 core but I have no experience with them so don't know if a DS218+ would perform as good. Please feel free to comment. My windows box does OK but when I finally cut the cord I want something trouble free so I don't here a lot of complaints from the better half.

DS218+ is the most popular NAS among DVR users. It makes a great DVR even without any of the upgrades.

I just purchase the DS720+ since price for a used DS218+ is still quite high on eBay and I will take it from there. I have two one terabyte drives to start testing and after a few pay checks I will get some 4T Iron wolf drives to make it permanent.
I figured it can't hurt to get the model up.

I have mine running on a DS1019+ and have no complaints. Seems to run everything just fine.

Great to know then the DS720+ should have no problem plus I upped the memory to 6GB.

Thanks for the advice but just wanted to go one step up.