New release crashing on older versions of macOS

Hey everyone, a new public release of Channels DVR Server was released last night. It seems to be causing issues on older versions of macOS. We're currently looking into it.

Please use this thread to report your issue and follow along with us fixing it up.

Please report your version of macOS as listed in About This Mac.

High Sierra 10.13.16 iMac mid 2010 - the server is unresponsive (no icon tray, won't respond in a browser, but installer reports it's running. Port 8089 doesn't seem to be in use though).

I don't know if this is related, but I had Channels acting in the same manner at a point in time and it had to do with the ownership of the home directory not being setup correctly.

Server won't run. 10.13.6, Mac mini mid-2010.

I can send you the log of the trace if you want it.

That would be helpful. Please send it to [email protected]

macBook late 2008 OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5

Sent.

Aman,

I have Mac 10.11.6 and last night my DVR service stopped working. As a result, I have canceled my subscription but I want you to know that I love your software and when you get it up and running (with no problems,) please let me know and I will subscribe again.

Many Thanks,
Cleave Guyton Jr.

mid-2010 Mac mini running El Capitan v10.11.6

1 Like

MacPro 10.11.16

Same problem, Server not responding
Mac OS 10.11.6 Macmini3,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz
Worked last night, broken this morning.

Any ETA on a fix?

Same here. Running OSX 10.12.6. Guide data stopped updating. Then menu icon disappeared. Browsing directly to local host address doesn’t find it. Installer reports it is running. Hope this gets sorted as in lockdown without TV shows!

Same issue. Hardware/OS specs below:

Model Name:|iMac
Model Identifier:|iMac11,2
Processor Name:|Intel Core i3
Processor Speed:|3.06 GHz
Number of Processors:|1
Total Number of Cores:|2
L2 Cache (per Core):|256 KB
L3 Cache:|4 MB
Memory:|8 GB
Boot ROM Version:|99.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system):|1.64f5
macOS High Sierra - Version 10.13.6

Mac OS 10.13.6 late 2009 iMac

Gosh ! If it works, why not let everyone know your updating the server ! I want a refund for this month . I missed shows being recorded And won’t record right now

Yosemite 10.10.5
Mac mini (Mid 2010)

Mac Mini 2010
macOS 10.13.6

Late 2009 Mac Mini macOS 10.11.6
As of last night "server not found"

Please help me.

Thanks!

We've just released a fix for this issue. There was a bug that affected macOS, but only on older CPU models which is why it didn't surface during our testing. To update to the fix, please try the following:

2 Likes

Server not starting on

• OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
  • Mac mini (late 2009)
  • 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
  • NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB

hope that helps and you'll get it up and running soon!

Thank you!