NEW: Remote DVR Access on iOS

Excellent, thanks for the quick reply!

Is it normal that Channels Remote DVR only works when my phone is set to cellular? If I try connecting remotely from a different public wifi network it says no tuner found. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s searching for the tuner on the public wifi at that point.

I have had good results with most WiFi, but some may not allow ports besides 80/443

My issue with double Bonjour Libraries broadcasting seems to be resolved. I will test further. Thank you! Love the apps and the service! Couldnā€™t be happier!

I am not able to access live TV or my DVR remotely. Over wifi, it works flawlessly. As soon as I go to cellular, it says ā€œTuner Not Availableā€. Nothing out of ordinary in the log. Port forwarding is set to automatic and it says ā€œListening on [my IP address]:8089ā€

So itā€™s able to connect to your DVR? Do recordings play back?

I had the same problem yesterday. Couldnā€™t access Live TV nor recordings on cellular.

First time Iā€™ve tried to connect on cellular in over a month. Cannot determine if itā€™s my cellular connection or another problem.

I donā€™t even have the option to playback a recording. When I open the app, it says ā€œno tuners detectedā€. Iā€™ve tried logging out of remote DVR and back in, but no luck. On my server, I have tried checking and unchecking the Bonjour box, which now says ā€œAdvertising [PC name] via [internal IP address]ā€. Under ā€˜Remote DVRā€™ it is set to automatic port forwarding and says "Listening on [external IP address]:8089. Works flawlessly when my phone is connected to my home wifi, but as soon as I go outside my internal network, I get the ā€œno tuners detectedā€ message.

Does my.channelsdvr.net load for you over cellular?

Interestingly, I just loaded that site from my phone and it opened fine. Then I went back into the app and was able to connect remotely. Not sure why it wouldnā€™t work before.

4 posts were split to a new topic: How to remote DVR?