New RPI Build, UPS support

I am getting ready to build a new rpi4 channelsdvr server. I want to put it on a ups to gracefully shut it down and auto poweron when necessary. I won't always have direct physical access (easily that is). I have been searching alot with minimal results in the forum. I have been looking at this type of ups:

PI UPS

It looks like they use a Python script to make this work. Any idea what is my best route to put the rpi on a UPS to do what I want it to?

Thanks for taking the time to help, I really do appreciate it

Overengineering

Can you offer an alternate solution if you consider that plan Overengineering?

I just have mine connected to a normal UPS. I see no need for it to have connectivity to the Pi, it just keeps it on for so long on it never turns off or runs out of battery. Plenty of time to go in and shutdown the pi should a power outage last more than 12hrs or so and the UPS batt is low. A pi will always default to power on if it looses power than gets it again. so, no issues with it auto coming back on once UPS dies either.

You can do what you want.
If you use the Channels DVR server image, that is using Home Assistant OS.
So, you would need to consult with the documentation on that OS to see if your script would be supported on that.

Otherwise, you can just use normal linux distro on it, install Channels DVR Server, and load what ever scripts or customizations and other software's you want.