New TiVo Stream 4K Android Integration

Yes.

According to Amazon, if the content on Netflix has Dolby Atmos the Fire TV will decode it.

This is from the Vizio TV Manual. Yours should be similar.

Thank you. I will try with Bitstream setting.

I also noticed that the Channel up/down button worked while watching live TV. It doesn't work when in the guide though, to page up or down.

Where is it reported that Downloader no longer works? I was going to try that on my new TS4K, so it would suck if that's gone now.

I use adblink for adb shell commands and side loading apps.

http://www.jocala.com

The app itself. It blames Google.

Yeah I just saw that earlier today. The videos I saw showed it working so this must be a recent change. I ended up using X-Plore app to sideload the TiVo Android and Xfinity apps.

is this the app you installed:

Yes, but I just realized the reason it gives that error in Downloader is because it needs a web browser, so I think you have to also make sure to have Chrome, etc. loaded for it to work right.

Interesting. I wonder if it supports captive Wi-Fi portals if there's no browser? The FireTV is great for traveling with to hotels because you can always join the Wi-Fi and enter your room number or whatever it needs.

If you look at the installed apps, you'll see CaptivePortalLogin (com.android.captiveportallogin), so it looks like it does.

(I may have to test it with my guest hotspot to see how it works.)

Edit: I set up a guest network with a captive portal in my UniFi Controller, and the Stream 4K had no problems connecting. It is a little non-intuitive, because when it connects, it lets you know you need to sign in; but in order to sign in, you have to get to the home screen, bring up the notifications, and then select the notification for the sign in. It will then present the portal, and once you accept the terms or whatever is required for the portal, it will connect to the internet. To ensure that I did indeed have connectivity, I connected to the Play store and downloaded a few app updates I had.

So, the Stream 4K does indeed work with captive portals without the need for a web browser on the device.

1 Like

I can't find a browser compatible in the play store. This thing is turning out not to be anything like Android TV. They claimed 5000 + apps in the Google Play Store, but damn If I can't find many compatible with it.

1 Like

I have had no issues downloading apps I need that are in the normal Play Store. It seems to have the same functionality that I had with my Shield. The same apps that aren't there have to be side-loaded, just like on my Shield when I had it here ( it is remote as the DVR Server in PA now), as I recall.

I just side-loaded Google Chrome here and then it all worked:

https://apkpure.com/google-chrome-fast-secure/com.android.chrome/variant/81.0.4044.138-APK

Looks like someone figured out how to switch to SDR: https://www.tivocommunity.com/community/index.php?threads/access-tivo-stream-4k-hidden-a-v-menus.577379/

1 Like

Just to follow up on this post for clarity, I saved the apk to my PC, then uploaded it to my Google Drive and then used X-Plore app on the TS4K to load it. I also used this process for sideloading the Xfinity and TiVo apps.

Let's hope they don't have to add a clock to the interface.

:wink: