New UK lineups

I noticed in the changelog for the last DVR update that there are new UK lineups, so I decided to have a look. I now get a choice of 3 lineups:

Freeview - North West (GBR-1000040-DEFAULT)
UK - National (GBR-1000118-DEFAULT)
UK (extended) - National (GBR-1000193-DEFAULT)

All 3 of these lineups have varying issues with missing logos and/or channels, which is generally worse than my previous Freeview North West lineup (GBR-0001305-DEFAULT).

Could you provide some detail on what changed and why? And would you like a list of the issues Iā€™m seeing?

Our guide provider has redone all the UK lineups.

The new version of GBR-0001305-DEFAULT is supposed to be GBR-1002765-DEFAULT

What postal code did you use?

Please upgrade to the pre-release by holding SHIFT and clicking Check For Updates. When you enter your postal, a new YouView option should show up.

SK4 4AB is the postcode I used. The Freeview - North West lineup (1000040) is pretty close to the old lineup (and isnā€™t cluttered with the extra YouView channels you canā€™t receive with an HDHR anyway), but there are a few logos missing that where there before, as well as a handful of channels that are now missing or wrong.

Iā€™m recording something at the moment, but Iā€™ll update and check out the new old lineup later today.

If you want to make a list of problems with the new FreeView lineup, I can pass that along.

Hereā€™s the issues I see on 1000040:

103 ITV HD: Guide data is ITV HD London (should be ITV HD Granada)

105 Channel 5 HD: Logo is Channel 5 SD (not HD version)

109 Channel 4+1 HD: Logo is Channel 4 HD (not +1 HD version)

110 4seven HD: Logo is 4seven SD (not HD version)

112 QVC Beauty HD: Logo is generic QVC logo

1 BBC One N West: Guide data is BBC One England (should be BBC One North West). Logo is old BBC One version.

3 ITV: Guide data is ITV London (should be ITV Granada)

7 Thatā€™s Manchester: Missing (previously guide data was for Made in Liverpool, now neither are provided)

33 ITV +1: Guide data is ITV +1 London (should be ITV +1 Granada)

35 QVC Beauty: Logo is generic QVC logo

75 The Vault: Guide/logo is for Chart Show TV (this is a recent channel change)

80 Blaze+1: Logo is Blaze (not +1 version)

84 Quest Red+1: Logo is Quest Red (not +1 version)

90 TV Warehouse: Logo is missing. Mapping to 94 WAREHSE (this is a recent number change from 94 to 90)

209 POP+1: Logo is POP (not +1 version)

210 Tiny POP+1: Logo is Tiny Pop (not +1 version)

700, 707, 708 (BBC Radio stations): Logo is generic BBC Radio logo

701, 702, 703, 704, 706 (BBC Radio stations): Logo is missing

714 Kisstory: Missing

716 heat: Missing

719 BBC Manchester: Missing

720 BBC Lancashire: Missing

721 BBC Cumbria: Missing

722 BBC Merseyside: Missing

734 BBC Stoke: Missing

I looked at the new 1002765 that is meant to replace 0001305: Lots of similar new issues with logos and missing/incorrect channels, though not exactly the same as the list above.

Most of the issues you listed have been fixed (or will be in the next 24hrs)

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll have a look tomorrow

Iā€™ve given it a few days, and most of the issues are resolved. Here are the things Iā€™m still seeing:

103 ITV HD (Granada): now missing
115 BT Showcase HD: now missing

7 Thatā€™s Manchester: still missing
33 ITV +1 (Granada): now missing
34 ITV3+1: now missing
74 The Store: now missing
77 TCC (Community Channel): now missing
85 Hochanda (JMLHDIY): now missing
203 CITV: now missing
714 Kisstory: still missing
716 heat: still missing
719 BBC Manchester: still missing

Hi, just checking if there have been any updates on the missing channels:

103 ITV HD (Granada): missing
115 BT Showcase HD: missing (but appears without a channel number)

7 Thatā€™s Manchester: added today as THMANUK, but has no listings
33 ITV +1 (Granada): missing (but appears without a channel number)
34 ITV3+1: missing (but appears without a channel number)
74 The Store: missing (but appears without a channel number)
77 TCC (Community Channel): missing (but appears without a channel number)
85 Hochanda (JMLHDIY): missing (but appears without a channel number)
91 Now XMAS: missing (just added)
92 Now 80s: missing (just added)
203 CITV: missing (but appears without a channel number)
714 Kisstory: missing
716 heat: missing
719 BBC Manchester: missing

Edit: Just wanted to add that all these channels were correct on the ā€˜oldā€™ lineups with the exceptions of 7, 91, 92, 714, and 716. Also, Iā€™m still seeing slightly different sets of missing channels with the Youview and UK Extended lineups.

What does ā€œappears without channel numberā€ mean?

Sorry, I could have phrased that in a better way. I mean that it appears in the channel lineup but it doesnā€™t have a channel number so it has to be mapped manually.

Can I get a list of just the high priority missing channels? Stations like kisstory are not available in the providers database, and when I send them a huge list they just waste a lot of time trying to find them.

For stations you were able to map manually, make a separate list and include the correct station id. You can find it by visiting http://127.0.0.1:8089/settings and looking for the channel override value. Since these are already in their database they should be the easiest to fix.

• 103 ITV1HD Granada: missing (3 ITV1SD Granada (ITV1GRA) is available so creating an HD version for Granada should be possible. ITV1HD London (ITV1HDL) is in the lineup and can be manually mapped)
  • 7 Thatā€™s Manchester: available but guide data just shows ā€˜Thatā€™s Manchesterā€™ all day
  • 33 ITV1 +1 Granada: missing (ITV1 +1 London (ITVP1LN) is in the lineup and can be manually mapped)
  • 54 My5: wrong listings (shows CH5MY5F, which doesnā€™t show correct listings. National extended lineup shows CH5MY5, which has the correct listings)
  • 91 Now 80s: missing (recent addition)
  • 92 Now 90s: missing (recent addition)
  • 719 BBC Manchester: missing (all other BBC local radio ARE available: 720 Lancashire, 721 Cumbria, 722 Merseyside, 734 Stoke)

Okay I have submitted these to our provider.

2 Likes

Hope this gets resolved as not being able to click on a programme in the guide and have the pop up box with record options is a pain, as we have to look for the programme on ITV+1 or search for it and then click record.

The only other ā€˜issueā€™ I have is not being able to view the guide without losing the buffer, and I think I read that this is an Apple TV limitiation?

Other than that itā€™s been the perfect replacement for our Virgin TiVo box :grinning:

Any update on this? And if changes are made would I have to rescan for it to work properly again?

I just heard that this has been fixed. Try clicking the refresh circle icon under your hdhomerun.

Great, hang on, just waiting for the new guide data to downloadā€¦