New User - Couple Of Questions

Hi everyone, I'm new to Channels, but so far enjoying the experience. I have it installed on two Nvidia Shields with Youtube TV and another account synced to it. Couple of questions.

For picture in picture for Android TV, I understand I need to hit "p". How exactly is that done? I pulled up the Android TV remote control app and it worked one time. Do I need to do that each time? I would think this should just be a setting in the app to either enable or disable the feature

Also, I plan to use this at my camp to watch TV there. For TVE stations, I assume I'm connecting directly to their servers and not streaming from home network to the camp. I understand DVRd content would come from my network.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Yes. It is the "P" keycode that the app responds to. If you don't have a keyboard attached to your system, you can use the Android TV app as you've discovered, or you can use a separate remote with a button programmed to send the proper command. See also:

No, the streams go from the network websites to your DVR server. Then the DVR server sends it to your remotely connected device.

1 Like

I'm still confused as to why there's not a setting to trigger picture in picture each time you revert back to the guide. If I'm watching a show on any other cable service or streaming service, when you jump back to the guide you continue to hear or see the current show as you surf though the channels.

Here it's a special button to jump to the guide. Could a setting be added to trigger pnp automatically? Otherwise you would either need to use the software keyboard or buy a new remote.

2 Likes