New user...where is the wiki?

I can't find detailed setup instructions for Windows (just a few tips on the download page)
I need to know what ports to forward and how to accomplish remote access when away from home.

My setup; Windows 7, i7 is the server machine in my home. I have several Roku's (likely to be replaced with Fire Stick 4K's) 1 Fire TV Stick 4K, several iphones and androids.

Successfully running on Roku's (although limited) running well on Fire Stick 4K and phones, but not working so far remotely (tested only on android phone so far)

i can't find a guide anywhere, but maybe I'm just having another senior moment...ugh

We are working on better docs.

For remote access you need to forward 8089 TCP to your DVR pc/NAS IP. First turn on the remote access feature at the bottom of the DVR web UI, then change the port forward option to manual and it will tell you what to forward and where

tmm1,
Thanks, that worked! Another question if I may, or if you prefer I can start a new topic...

I migrated from Emby. I set my DVR path to the same as it was on Emby, hoping that those recordings would show up, but they do not. Is there a way to make the Emby recordings compatible with Channels?

There is currently no way to import recordings into our DVR

For remote access, when I'm on cellular data, it's not watchable because of buffering/lack of bandwidth. Is there any way to connect at a lower bandwidth/connection speed? Lower quality picture and sound is acceptable in exchange for better streaming...

Yes there is a quality setting in the app for cellular access.