Newbie Comment and Question

The question first: Maybe I'm missing it but I have not been able to find instructions on a simple way to fast forward thru the commercials. I primarily use the Apple TV controller app on my iPhone which is infinitely better than the awful remote that comes with it. I would be willing to purchase an inexpensive controller if that were the only way to accomplish this.

Now the comment: I have been absolutely amazed at how simple this whole thing has been to set up. I already had my iMac and Apple TV connected to my network by ethernet and had tons of storage available on my iMac. I bought an antenna and the Homerun Quattro refurbished from Silicon Dust directly ( same price as a new Duo ) and plugged it into the ethernet connector by myTV, subscribed to Channels DVR and everything just worked. Could not believe it. I am discontinuing my Direct TV this week and might subscribe to Sling. Couldn't be happier!

Using the controller app you can double-tap on the +30s seek icon to skip to the end of the commercial.

You can also use any IR remote with the Apple TV by going into the remote settings and learning it, and then you will have a dedicated commercial skip button.

Before you subscribe to Sling have a look at the premium channels bundle from silicondust.com. These integrate directly in to Channels and the commercial marking works. Mine is integrated with my over the air channels and I have almost aii the channels that I had with Spectrum and no DRM.

Thanks, it works like a charm!

Hi, I have looked at both and unless I am misreading it I would have to spend $70 a month to get Silicon Premium and DVR service and it doesn't have Nick, a must in my house. With Sling Blue plus the Kids add-on and their DVR service I can get everything I need for $35 a month. It won't be as convenient as doing it through Silicon Dust and there are some restrictions on the DVR service but, unless I misunderstand their pricing, it will be half the cost. The nice thing is that I can change my mind without penalty if I decide I'd rather do Silicon Premium!

Thanks for responding. It's great to have a forum where people actually take the time to help.

Rick

Premium TV is $35/month

SD DVR is $35/year, and not required if you're using Channels DVR.

Thanks for the clarification.

RH

Hi, I just signed up for HomeRun Premium and I can get the channels going directly through the HD HomeRun app but they are still showing up as demo channels and. are not accessible in my ChannelsDVR app. Is thee something I have to do to activate them in the ChannelsDVR app?

Thanks,
Rick

On the DVR web UI, where the HDHRs are shown click the gear dropdown and select Scan Network.

Then restart the app or device where Channels client is running.

Thanks, I think I spoke too quickly. I thought the SD Premium Channels were activated. In fact they're not. I have gone through all of the steps but it is still not registering that I have purchased the product.

Did you click the link in your activation email and then reboot your HDHR? On my.hdhomerun.com under channel list it should not say "Demo" anymore.