Newbie Q: Prime Video, Netflix, ESPN+, Disney+, Apple TV

Hello,

I am a complete noob when it comes to Channels and TV Everywhere etc. I get that through my cable provider (Verizon Fios), I can gain access to many of the live streams of my cable channels (e.g., traditional cable networks/companies such as TNT) and record their content with the DVR feature of Channels such as recording a live NBA game Saturday evening. However, I am wondering if there is anyway for me to do the same for streaming services, especially with regards to their exclusive shows such as the show "Wednesday" on Netflix? Or let's say Amazon Prime Video is currently letting you stream Animal House as part of its content library, but that movie will be removed from the library at the end of the month, is there a way to DVR Animal House from Amazon Prime so that I can continue to watch it after it is taken offline?

Thanks for your help!

Channels can’t record from those services. Check out “PlayOn”
Channels is able to import playon recordings from playon so that you can watch them from channels app.

ESPN plus can be integrated with docker and custom channels.

1 Like

Channels can't record from much of these services.

You could Eplus tool to record ESPN+ inside Channels
But for the others, either PlayOn, Streamfab and Anystream are your only options

1 Like

Welcome aboard! First, I want to help you out with some terminology to make sure we are all talking about the same things:

The suggestions from others above are only if you want local files and, as you say, continue to watch if they are removed from the service. However, for something like a Netflix exclusive, it is never leaving and should be there as long as you pay for the service. Or if you plan on watching whatever anytime in the near future and aren't worried about the long-term, you don't need a local copy. For these, there are the aforementioned Stream Links:

As shown above, there's a lot of information already available in the official Knowledge Base, as well as on the boards here. Be sure to search around a bit and I'm sure you'll find tons of useful info!

2 Likes

I 2nd PlayOn. It costs about 10 cents per recording if you use the PlayOn Cloud version, but it works flawlessly. You can use PlayOn home as well, but in my experience it doesn't work reliably.