Newbie query

Hi everyone. Got and HD HomeRun and the Channels app after helpful advice provided in this forum. I really like it, but have a few questions.

I am based in a high rise building in London, UK and have a communal aerial. At first, the tv reception was appalling and unwatchable, which surprised me as my old Youview box worked fine when likewise plugged into the communal aerial. However, I bought a little signal booster and this appears to have massively improved things.

Question 1:
I still experience occasional stutters, especially on the HD channels. These are tolerable but annoying. I only have one Ethernet socket currently available where my TV is, and this is obviously plugged into the HDHomeRun device. Would getting a broadband extender and connecting the Apple TV via Ethernet help with the stutters? Do the stutters occur because of weak signal being broadcast on the HDHomeRun or poor pickup signal by the Apple TV over Wi-fi?

Question 2: when flicking through channels it takes about 3 seconds to load an SD channel and up to 5 seconds to load an HD channel. This is tolerable, but feels very laggy when compared to the YouView box. I thought I read that the channels change in less than a second. Is there anything I can do to improve this?

Question 3 (for the developers)
Why is there no clock showing on the guide or anywhere else? This seems an obvious omission and one that would be easy to fix and very useful.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who took the time and effort to respond to my previous question. Any assistance with the issues mentioned here would be great.

Regards,
Ian

You can check the signal details on the hdhomerun itself via http://my.hdhomerun.com. Click into your hdhomerun, click tuner status, tuner 2 and look at the Signal Quality and Signal Strength numbers.

I would also make sure the tuner hardware is up to date with the latest firmware.

Tuning into a channel should only take a second… if the signal from the antenna is good then it must be a network issue. I would recommend looking into a PowerLine setup instead of Wi-Fi.