NFL Football - Failed recording

Watching the 49r's/Packers game last night and Channels DVR says it had an interrupted recording right after the 3rd quarter. I don't believe I've ever had that happen before with an OTA tuner. I was watching it on another HDHR tuner (SageTV) sitting right beside the HDHR tuner feeding Channels DVR.

That was a major bummer for the few family members connecting remotely.

Any idea what happened? Logs submitted from the server.

1 Like

In the meantime, what's the most effective way to copy the successful recording from SageTV into the Channels DVR system and have it comskip it?

Hi. Did anyone have a chance to check in on this?

Logs show corruption in the audio/video streams, which generally means either OTA signal corruption or network issues.

For a period the HDHR was completely inaccessible. I don't know if you rebooted it or something during this time.

2024/01/20 21:30:14.458260 [ERR] Failed to start stream for ch6.1: HDHomeRun: Tuner Unreachable: Could not tune to http://192.168.254.231:5004/auto/v6.1 after 30s
2024/01/20 21:30:14.468836 [HLS] Couldn't generate stream playlist for ch6.1-d1072F287-1ab29766289e: HDHomeRun: Tuner Unreachable: Could not tune to http://192.168.254.231:5004/auto/v6.1 after 30s

The transcoder tried hard to deal with the corruption but it was ultimately too severe to recover so the remote streams were negatively affected. Watching in original quality at home would still have worked fine.

I didn't do anything Aman. I was in bed.

Every piece of equipment here is on a UPS, so please describe what I can do to help avoid missed recordings in the future.

Then it sounds like your HDHR malfunctioned and rebooted itself.

Of course it did. Can't be Channels DVR problem ... again.

I'm just telling you what the logs are showing. You're welcome to look at them yourself.

How many times did the software attempt to retune and correct the problem? Differentiating from the various family members that were trying to again tune the game from the guide.

240 times

Over what period of time

It's all in the log.

I didn't touch this tuner and it was magically working fine the next day?!?