No audio NBC with Xfinity or Spectrum

My TVE NBC feed through Channels doesn’t have audio with Xfinity or Spectrum. All other channels are working appropriately. I checked the stats and NBC has no audio feed.

Any idea what is causing the issue?

Reported in another thread here:

Appears to be an issue with their web stream.

Thanks very much. Hopefully fixed soon.

I"ve been sparring with NBC tech support about this issue for going on 5 or so days with them just telling me to repeat the same steps over and over like it's going to change the outcome or the classic "just use the hulu app". They seem to be ignoring me now, if other people could go over to NBC contact us page and open a tech support ticket about it that would be great. Maybe that will jump start it idk.

I also submitted a ticket. Hopefully they address soon.

Tell them you're running linux or windows and can't find an app for it.

Well looks were in the if we ignore it maybe they will go away phase of tech support, I haven't received a reply in days now. Opened another ticket from a different ip/email sunday night and they're ignoring that one too.

Also open up a ticket with your TVE provider. I was actually able to get Cox to get NBC to fix an issue a few weeks ago, and it only took half a day.

I haven't had audio issues but I did notice NBC tweaking their TVE streams a lot as of late. Sometime today all of their cable station TVE streams (Bravo, E, etc.) switched from 720p/60fps to 1080p/30fps. My local NBC stream went back to 30fps a few days before that.

Luckily all of them still have decently high bitrate (7-8 Mbps) despite decreased frame rate.

3 Likes

Thank you for reporting these changes.

I have a spreadsheet where I (try to) keep track of technical specs of TVE streams (bit rates, resolutions, etc.)

I will schedule new recordings on NBC TVE channels to keep my spreadsheet up to date.

1 Like