TV Everywhere stream details in Google Sheet

Back in May when I signed up with Channels DVR, I started collecting technical details about all the channels available with TV Everywhere. This is my primary source using my DirecTV (satellite) credentials.

I have created a Google Sheet with all the technical details that I manually extract from individual recordings in Channels DVR.

Here is the link: TV Everywhere Stream Specs - Google Sheets

You will see some cells highlighted in green when the video bit rate is >= 6 mbps, and some highlighted in red when the video bit rate is < 2 mbps.

Top 10-ish (2022-11-20):

Top 10-ish without local/regional channels (2022-11-20):

Bottom 10 (2022-09-17):

I try to update it regularly based on recordings that accumulate in my library.

All the empty cells highlighted in yellow need data and hopefully you can help by providing what is missing.
If you want to contribute to the sheet directly, PM me and I will give you write permission, or you can simply give me the details in the message and I will add them myself.

I'm hoping that with help from the community, we can eventually fill it out completely. :smiley:

7 Likes

WNBC, along with the rest of the NBCU channels, is now 720p60.

1 Like

Yes, I did notice some of them changing to 720p60 (based on my own recordings). Also with a slightly higher bit rate > 5 mbps now.

If you happen to have all the details for some channels, please let me know and I will update.
I will keep an eye on my recordings and will update.

Thank you for your input. :slightly_smiling_face:

Bloomberg used to work for me but not anymore, it just spins.

I do not see Bloomberg in my list. Maybe DirecTV does not provide it for me.

Edit: I see it now, it's one of the free channels that doesn't require a subscription. I just clicked on it and it played fine.

Is there anywhere I can read about Directv Stream TVE channels available/usable in Channels DVR? Iā€™m thinking about dropping my Dish subscription.

Has Direct TV. Not sure that's the same as stream.

I created a Provider topic for them. Provider - DirecTV Stream
I remember someone else posting about not seeing them as a Provider on Science channel I think.
From this post down TVE - Discovery networks not tuning?

Look at the list for AT&T TV.

1 Like

They do provide Science channel.
I did have some problems scanning for channels on an older release when I selected ATT TV, but any pre-release with DirecTV Stream as the provider haven't had issues.

Updated the top 10.

Thank you to @Fofer for providing data for the streams from the west coast that I don't receive. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Big change on 2021-11-10 with the NBC Universal channels: from 720p60 5.8mbps to 1080p30 8.2mbps.

Thank you to @alai who first reported these changes.

I have updated my spreadsheet and the top 10 screenshots in my first message.

4 Likes

Thank you to @dschaper who kindly provided details for NBC Sports and PAC12 channels. Spreadsheet updated with these extra details.

Also updated the top 10 and bottom 10 screenshots in the first post.

Thank you very much for this data. I've been rethinking how I compress the files post recording. Most of what I'm currently recording is mid-low tier (BBC America, Hallmark, Comet). I'd compare the compressed to the original and discover they both have moments where they look like garbage, so it's nothing the compression was doing.