No cable channels on HDHomeRun Prime

Since this afternoon I have no cable channels, the cable source shows 0 channels but I am able to scan and 58 channels are found, except they are not listed in the guide. The Channels app (including the beta version) keeps informing there is a new firmware and that my current version is 0. The new firmware available is 20170930 but fails to upgrade. A message pops up to download the latest desktop version from the Silicondust site. I already have the most recent desktop app and performed a firmware update recently and all went well.

When I run the HDHomeRun macOS desktop app, all cable channels show and I can view them?

Any idea what is goin on here, it does look it is related to the Channels app on all of my devices, iPhone, iPad and several Apple TV’s.

First go to my.hdhomerun.com and check the firmware and list of channels there. Rescan there if you need to.

Then go to the DVR web UI, and click Scan Network in the sources area. Make sure the correct number of channels shows up underneath.

Then restart the app on your TV.

I believe the current firmware is 20200521. You may want to manually update using hdhomerun_config.

1 Like

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I already checked my.hdhomerun and it states the firmware is up-to-date. Again, the HDHomeRun desktop app for macOS list those missing cable channels and I can use the app to view them.

The issue is now solved, by scanning network from the DVR web GUI (I didn't think of this step), as soon as hit the button all returned to normal. Even the firmware update message is gone, this seems rather odd and a weird behavior, which I had never experienced before. The WAF took a dive today, and I now have to accumulate new positive points, because she could not see her favorite show. :frowning:

Can you click Help > Submit Diagnostics on the DVR web UI and we'll try to figure out what happened and how to prevent it in the future.