No Discovery Channels on DIRECTV Stream

Sometime yesterday, all the Discovery channel channels stopped working. I'm getting the dreaded "no loginform" error. I've tried reentering my password and logging in to the discovery channel web page and viewing content there and then switching back to channels. Nothing doing.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Can someone help?

I really appreciate it.

Update to Pre-release server, and then try again, then re-scan if still not work. DirectTV has bunch of issues lately after cyperattack.

Ok. I already had the latest pre-release. I did notice that AT&T/Directv forced me to reset my password. So possibly related to the attack. I've reset the password in channels. But so far, it still isn't working.

You have to re-scan. Or u can try deleting the TVE source and re-adding it.

Other wise, standard practice is to submit diags from the server, so they can see what is happening.
Also posting the screen shot the server takes of the error can help.
Sometimes,. there is a Capatcha or Security pop up that prevents TVE login.
2FA also is NOT suported.

1 Like

I haven't changed anything with the account. So I don't think it is a 2 factor issue.

Only thing I hate about deleting the source is I've got my favorites saved and arranged the way I like. But I guess since I'm not getting most of them now, I will need to do that. I'll post a screen grab here too

That is not the screencap the server's scrips saves for TVE errors.

The link to the image is in the server logs.

Do a rescan on just discovery and if it fails check the log for any mention of screenshot. If so you can view the screenshot at: http://server.ip.address:8089/providers/tve/error_screenshot.png

It will show an old screenshot if there is one so make sure there is a screenshot mentioned in the log after the rescan to make sure you get a current accurate screenshot.

It just shows a black screen.

I removed the existing TVE entry for directv stream and tried recreating it.

Now I no longer have access to directv stream at all via Channels TVE

The error I am getting is

TV Everywhere Beta

Sign in with your cable provider to access the TV networks you're subscribed to.

Learn More

×Close

'Storage.getCookies' wasn't found (-32601)

Update chrome on the troubleshooting page

I'm not sure I follow. I'm doing this via my synology 218+ and Safari on my Mac

1 Like

Support > Troubleshooting click the green button

I don't see a link to support from this page. So I'm still puzzled about where to do this

http://10.54.1.108:8089/admin/troubleshooting

oh. I'm so sorry for not getting it. I'm going there now.

Thank you so much for your help, Tmm1. I really appreciate it. I seem to be back up and running as expected with all the discovery channels restored.

I appreciate your patience with me.

I can confirm I am having the same issue as well. In addition I lost access to local channels Fox and CBS. But I can view all these lost channels via the respective websites and using TVE credentials.

New diagnostic log submitted under 18e8b57c-3d09-497a-b212-7e0e702ccac8

This morning the same thing happened to me using TVE and my DirecTV satellite account. I got the "failure to authenticate" error and my DirecTV login was shut down because of too many bad attempts. I had to change my password. When I got that straightened out, I couldn't get back many TVE channels after removing DirecTV in Channels and re-adding it. I'm missing most Discovery and Fox cable channels.

It had been working fine for years until now. I can only assume that DirecTV is intentionally cutting back on TVE.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.