No programs are playing properly

I watch in Win10 Edge from a synology DS920. It's happening in Chrome too.

Playback keeps pausing. I checked other shows and the same thing happens. I increased the buffer from 30 seconds to 5 mins. I played the show again and hit pause. It took longer than 5 mins to build up the 5 min buffer.

The processor/memory/network usage is no where near having issues. currently it is the only thing my NAS is doing.

Last night was the first time this has happened. Also, the file seems fine and I can play it in plex and vlc fine. it just doesn't seem to load fast enough in the channels player.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can try? settings i should look at?

Thanks

EDIT: sometimes the show doesn't buffer at all. I pause and no buffer, so when I start it back up is just keeps pausing.

Try updating to prerelease

updated to pre-release and I'm still seeing the same behavior.

What FPS does it show underneath the player?

Are you watching OTA, TVE, M3U?

fps 120ish

TVE. until a few days ago these programs would have been from Locast. Since it has been YoutubeTV.

Can you submit diagnostics from the dvr

done.
af377b8b-fda7-4487-973b-7f67732a97e8

Please turn off Web Player Adaptive Streaming and see if that improves the situation.

the behavior changed, but it's still unwatchable. Sometimes when I hit 30skip or chapter jump the program just stops playing. And sometimes the show just stops while playing. when I hit play again I get an endless circle. I have to hit stop and then play again to get it to play. The buffer is better, but still not working right. It very quickly fills up 5 min, even though I have it set to 15. But once there it doesn't get any more buffer. I have been unable to play the whole buffer because the program stops playing before it gets there.

here is some videos showing how it behaves: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BMrfT23ygJFspiRL7

With web player option selected, the playback is worse, it's choppy, if I hit 30skip or chapter skip I get spinning circle, but it doesn't seem to just stop playing. video with option selected: https://photos.app.goo.gl/XezZgAx4gNbwZBsu7

Were these recordings taken before or after you turned off Web Player Adaptive Streaming? In the last video it said it was transcoding at 1mbps, which unless you set that as your default in the web UI, it should have been transcoding at 10mbps.

Once you have turned off the Adaptive Stream setting, please try to play a few videos and then submit diagnostics again.

It's unchecked. I'll check the shows that record tonight and report back.

thanks for all your help

The box is unchecked. Shows recorded last night. I see 10mbps now when playing

I'm still seeing all the same issues.

new logs:
450e92ea-7321-4064-9174-79f33d4ae81e

Following up. I'm still unable to watch any programs.

newest logs: a2b12ad2-bf50-425b-8eac-a4ffad86588a

Thanks

Have you tried this in different browsers? I am unable to see what would be causing this or replicate it locally...

I'm mainly using Edge, but have tried in Chrome and Brave as well. I cleared all the data and even reinstalled Edge. Since these are all Chrome based, I downloaded Firefox to give that a try. It appears to be working as expected (so far). I'm also seeing the issue less in Edge. Instead of the program stopping 50 times for an hour show, now it's like 5.
I guess I'll just use Firefox going forward.
Thanks

I’ll try with Edge and see if I can reproduce this.