No remote remux for Extend recordings

I have a Extend for OTA recording, using “Mobile” profile, so the files are already H264 when recorded by Channels. When remote viewing, I can’t use “Original” as Internet Streaming Quality. If I do, nothing happens, no activity in the log. If I select any other quality (transcoding the file), remote viewing works. Funny thing is, remux works for OTA channels on Live TV when remote viewing.

Using latest server, latest released app and latest beta.

Can you please submit diagnostics after attempting to play back with Internet Streaming = Original

Done!

Thanks. Just to confirm, that recording was completed right?

Yes. A CBS show recorded days ago.

Hmm. Can you try playing that same file three more times:

• once with Original

• again with transcoding

• one more time with Original again

then submit diagnostics at the end.

Done. Now the file (CBS) does not play when transcoded either, but other OTA recordings still show the same behavior (no remote remux when Original). I sent you a second diagnostics of this with a FOX example. If you want I can upload a small sample…

I think I see what’s going on. Mind if I connect to your DVR to run some tests?

Sure, go ahead

1 Like

Thanks. The bug was on the app side and has been fixed for the next beta.

Please try the new iOS beta and let me know how it works for you.

Works great on both now. There seems to be an issue when moving up and down in time into the file (skip forward, com skip, etc). After a couple of jumps, I get the spinning wheel. I’l try and see if it happens only when remuxing or also when transcoding.
Update: I can jump freely over the file when transcoding. But it hangs after a couple of jumps when remuxing. Could be due to some file error handling?

Please reproduce this and submit diagnostics.

Done. Logs should contain 2 instances of the bug, one with an NBC recording another with a CBS recording, both by Extend, remote viewing in remux. It hangs after 5 or 6 jumps, sometimes moving on the timeline, sometimes double clicking on the 30 sec skip.

Is this still happening with the latest beta?

It does work with Live TV, but not so well on Recorded TV. The remuxed stream starts, but trying to move forward or rewind hangs the stream…

This should be fixed in the latest DVR pre-release. Hold SHIFT and click Check For Updates and lmk how it works.

Works great now, thanks!

1 Like