No Tuner Detected on Apple TV4 WIFI

I have been having an issue where my Apple TV 4, which is on WiFi, is unable to connect and I get the “No Tuner Available” message. The app works on my other Apple TVs that are plugged in via ethernet, and works fine on the iPad / iPhone. The only issue I have is my Apple TV that is streaming via WiFi.

I have tried to reset the Apple Airport Extreme Router and nothing. Tried to reset the network setting of the Apple TV and nothing. Apple Wifi signal strength is excellent.

Running off HD Homerun Prime & HD Homerun Extend (2 Tuner)
-I rarely have more than 1-2 tuners going at any given time in my house.

Any suggestions?

Thanks you,

Are you seeing that error message on the Settings tab of the app? Or in the video player?

In the video player. Any channel that I select, I get the spinning circle in the timeline bar like it is loading, then nothing. Eventually all the screen reads is “No Tuner Available”

Try going to the Settings app and clicking on Scan Network.

If that doesn’t work, try to quit/restart the app by clicking TV/Home twice and swiping up.

Not that this will solve your problem, but I experienced the same behavior this morning with my AppleTV 4K, which is attached via Ethernet.

I restarted the app and it resolved it then. I wonder if/when it will happen again

That has seemed to fix it. I haven’t had any issues tonight. Hopefully it is all good. Thank you for your help and prompt response

Which fix worked?

Sounds like the IP of your hdhomerun changed.

Going into settings and scanning for tuners. Then I force quit the app. Haven’t had issues all night. Thanks for the fix

Apple TV 4K seems to lose connection with HDHomeRun Connect after Apple TV goes to sleep on its own overnight. When I go to access Apple TV 4K the next day to use the Channels App, which is currently the first app on the left side of the display, each of the station tiles on the “On Now” upper 2/3rds of the screen are blank and only show the channel number. When I open the Channels App, I get the “No Tuners Detected”, but then when I go to the Guide, everything appears to catch up and work.

I’ve done the scan for tuners and app shut down procedure. It still appears to be an issue. IP on the HDHomeRun Connect remains stable.

Is there a setting that I need to configure so that Apple TV sees the HDHomeRun faster the first time.

Click Add Tuner Manually and enter its IP address. This will make the app remember it and should help it connect more quickly.

Thank you…I’ll give it a shot

This did fix my issue of being stuck in Settings and not being able to even get to the Guide. Thanks.

1 Like