No way to tune channel if guide data is absent?

Not noticed this before but a significant (!!) news event in the UK means that BBC News guide data is missing which has the unfortunate impact of stopping the channel being tuned.

Is there no way to fill gaps with "No Guide Data" placeholders to allow us to still tune to/record the channel or is there something I am missing to allow me to tune the channel?

EDIT: I noticed I can get to it from "On Now" but that's only because the channel is one of my favourites/most watched. I'd still like to be able to navigate from the guide.

In the screenshot, the highlighted section has no guide data (thus my issues above) whilst the section to the right has a provider placeholder which can be recorded/tuned.

1 Like

Same issue with Spectrum in Hawaii. There are a few channels that have no guide data, and if I select one from the guide, it will not play. However, if I add it to favorites, not only does it play (Edit: from favorites), but it has the metadata for the show currently playing.

The Windows HDHomeRun app does show guide data, both current and future, for those channels.

Maybe this is a clue? As I mentioned above, I could play the channels with missing guide data if selected from the On Now page. However, I went into the management page and selected the download entire guide command. After the guide downloaded, not only was the guide data still missing for the channels in question, but the metadata was also missing in the On Now page. Now those channels won't play from there either.

Click the circle icon under the hdhomerun on Settings tab to fill in any missing guide mappings from the SD app.

The activity indicator reports that it's filling in missing guide data, but nothing shows up for the four channels that are empty.

If you click the pencil icon under the HDHR do those channels appear mapped to guide data? Does the HDHR app show channel logos for those channels?

not mapped, no logos, also not drm.

You can try clicking the pencil next to those channels to see if you can find the guide station.

Did you check for logos in the HDHR app? Please send the contents of http://x.x.x.x/discover.json (using IP of HDHR) to [email protected]

Guide station doesn't appear to be there. The channels in question do not have logos in the HDHR app. discover.json sent...